Snapchat is a popular app that is used by many users all over the world. There is no doubt that password managers help you keep these passwords safe. It is challenging to remember these complex passwords especially if you have forgotten them.
There are ways in which you can recover your account without changing the password. If you suspect that someone else has changed your password you can use some ways to recover your account.
You can change your password into a new one but that is possible if you haven’t forgotten it. Have you forgotten your Snapchat password?
How to Recover a Snapchat Password Without Resting it?
Here is how you can recover without resetting it:
- You can simply head to the official website of Snapchat. The next step will be to click on the ‘forgotten password’ link.
- Once you are logged in move on to the other page and type your email address. Make sure that this email is associated with your Snapchat account. After that click on the submit button
- It is important to run a security check and prove you are a human. When you complete this set move on to the next button
- The user will get an email with a link where they can reset the password of their choice
- When you receive this email simply click on the link for resetting the password
- You can now start typing a new password and confirm it. Make sure that your password is strong or else it is not secure enough.
- After completing it click on the ‘Change password’ button.
If you want to reset your password for Snapchat doing it from the app is very easy. Here are some steps to follow:
- Open up the app for Snapchat and tap the ‘Login’ button
- The next step is to type the email address or username and click the ‘forgot your password link
- The user will have the choice to receive an email on their phone
- This email contains a verification code that you can use to sign in to your Snapchat
- You can choose to reset the password by clicking on the ‘Via phone’ option
- Users will have to prove that they are human and continue with the next step
- By typing the verification code on your email you can click on the ‘continue’ button
- Your code will be available via SMS that you can confirm
- When you have the code you can just put it in the box
- On the screen next up will create a new password option and later confirm it
- Your password will successfully update
- You can start with the ‘Forgot your password?’ option
- Next is up to you how you will like to reset the password
- You will get a verification code via SMS that is sent directly to the phone number
- This number must be connected with the Snapchat account
- When you click on the continue button you will have to choose a new password
- You are all set to use your Snapchat account now!
You can delete the Snapchat messages the other person saved.