Have you lost your Vizio TV remote? If that is so then in this article we will help you to reset your Vizio TV without a remote. If you want to reset the TV but have lost your remote, then you can follow the easy methods to reset your Vizio TV.
We will share easy methods with you that will help you to reset your Vizio TV without a remote.
How to Reset Vizio TV Without Remote?
If your Vizio TV is not functioning, then you can reset it by following two types of methods:
Soft reset and a hard or factory reset.
The soft reset will help you to remove all the temporary memory of your TV. It will not affect your setting and the apps that you have installed. The hard or factory reset will delete all the data and the factory settings that have been set on your TV.
After the reset is done you will have to customize your entire settings. You will also have to re-install the apps and everything on your Vizio TV. You can follow one of the methods below and can reset your Vizio TV without using your remote control.
How to Soft Reset Vizio TV without Remote?
A soft reset is one of the best solutions that will help you to solve all your problems. You can perform the soft reset by following this easy method.
You just have to follow the steps below and this will reset your Vizio TV without a remote:
- Unplug the power cord on your Vizio TV.
- Leave it unplugged for at least 60 seconds.
- Find the power button on your Vizio TV set.
- The power button is present on the right side of the back of the TV.
- Press the power button for 30 seconds.
- Plug the cord back and power on the supply again.
- Your Vizio TV will be reset without a remote.
How to Factory Reset your Vizio TV without Remote?
If this reset doesn’t work, then you can factory reset your TV. This method will solve all the software issues. If your TV is giving a slow response or has any kind of audio or video distortion, then resetting will solve all your issues.
You can perform the factory reset without a remote control by using the physical buttons on your Vizio TV.
Follow the steps below to reset your TV without a remote:
- Turn on your Vizio TV
- Press the “Volume Down” along with the “Input” buttons.
- Leave the buttons after your TV screen displays the dialogue box.
- “Reset to default”, and press on the ‘Input’ button.
- The tv screen will show that the
- “Memory is being cleared”
- The reset process will take some time to complete
- This will reboot your TV.
How to Reset Your Vizio TV with your Smartphone?
You can turn your smartphone into a TV remote if your TV has an IR sensor in it. The smartphones come with an IR sensor and can work as an actual remote. You can install a universal remote control app and then use it to reset your TV.
Follow the steps below to reset your TV with your Smartphone:
- Take your smartphone, open the play store.
- Search for the “Mi remote controller” app.
- Install the app and pair it with Vizio TV.
- Open your TV’s menu.
- The menu will show you many settings options.
- Choose “System” and then go to Reset and Admin”.
- Click on the “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”.
- Enter the pin and start the process.
- Restore factory settings on your TV.
- This will reset your factory settings and you can enjoy watching content on Vizio TV.