Last updated: May 10, 2022
Even though the Vizio brand is very new in the electronics market, it is still very good in terms of manufacturing TVs. Let’s fix the Vizio tv black screen of death.
This brand specializes in home entertainment equipment, like sound systems.
People buy Vizio TVs nowadays, because of their amazing, and smart features. The Vizio TV models are much more affordable compared to other brands, and they offer diverse features as well.
- 1 Fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death
- 1.1 Smart TV
- 1.2 Smart Interactivity
- 1.3 Smart TV Remote
- 1.4 Smooth Motion
- 1.5 Fix TV Black Screen of Death
- 1.6 Sound Test
- 1.7 Connections and Power
- 1.8 What are the causes of the Vizio TV Black Screen?
- 1.9 Perform a Sound Test
- 1.10 Perform a Flashlight Test
- 1.11 Check the Power and Connections
- 1.12 Replace the Power Board
- 2 How to fix the Vizio tv won't turn on but the white light is on?
- 3 How to fix Vizio power light blinking with no picture?
- 4 How to fix Vizio TV power light flashes 15 times?
Fix Vizio TV Black Screen of Death
Vizio Smart TV is very easy to use, for even those who are using it for the first time. Those who buy a Vizio Smart TV, will be able to access all the best video streaming apps like Netflix, iHeartRadio, and Hulu Plus.
However, the main problem that some buyers face when they buy this smart TV is that it doesn’t have a built-in web browser.
Vizio Smart TV is very easy to set up and install, and there is no programming required to connect the TV with Wi-Fi. It has optional accessories for the ease of users like remote control, and QWERTY keyboard, and a TV Video Camera.
With the help of the TV Video Camera, the user would be able to communicate better with friends and families.
Smart Interactivity is a new feature that users will find on Vizio TV. With the help of this feature, the user would be able to create a personalized viewing experience for themselves.
The TV would collect information about the kind of content that the viewer views often, and then show them advertisements, viewer polls, and other bonus features.
This way, the viewers will also have access to apps relevant to their interests, to make their viewing experience better.
Smart TV Remote
A Smart TV remote is very different from a traditional remote, because of all the features that it provides the user with.
For example, you won’t find the option of play, pause, forward, and rewind on other remotes, but on Vizio TV remote control, you will.
The overall image quality of Vizio TV is quite good, because of the smooth motion feature.
- The user can easily watch videos, TV shows, and play games on this TV.
- They will be able to catch up on the fun when they are watching sports on TV.
The featured apps available on this TV are Netflix, Facebook, and Spotify.
Fix TV Black Screen of Death
If your Vizio TV screen goes black, and you can’t find a reason for it, then there are several ways to fix it.
- First, you need to make sure that the black screen is not inaccessible to a streaming app, like Netflix or Hulu.
Another thing that you need to see is whether the sound of the TV is working or not.
- For this, turn on anything that you know will make a sound, and see if you can hear it.
- If the sound is working, but the image isn’t, then the component that produces lightning is the problem here.
- Find a flashlight, and make sure it is properly powered.
- Then, position yourself two inches away from the screen, and then shine a light on the TV.
- If you can see an image due to the flashlight, the inverter board of the television has gone bad.
Connections and Power
Most of the time, the connection of the TV becomes loose, and the user panics before checking it.
- Firstly, turn off the television set, and then unplug it from the socket. Then, press the TV power button for about 30 seconds.
- After that, release the power button and then plug it back in, the picture is most likely to be restored to its original condition.
- If the problem persists, then the user needs to replace the power board of the Vizio TV.
- The user can replace the power board on their own if they have experience with electronic gadgets.
- If they don’t then they should hire an expert to fix the problem.
If your Vizio screen is displaying a black screen of death for no reason. Then here are some of the few ways to fix the Vizio black screen of death.
What are the causes of the Vizio TV Black Screen?
There are different causes for a television screen to go out suddenly. But the most common reason is a failure in one of the power supply boards. A TV may have one or more than one power supply boards beside the T-Con board and some other internal components as well.
These parts may sound a bit complicated, but they are really easy to fix. Before you go and buy the new parts of a TV, you should first find out what the issue is.
There are various problems that may affect your TV. Here are some of the repairs that you can do.
Perform a Sound Test
- First of all, Turn on your TV.
- Listen to the sound of your TV. If you do not hear anything, try to stream something you know that will make noise.
- Make sure the volume is up.
Perform a Flashlight Test
If you have the sound but there is no image, then the component that produces the light for TV is the issue. You can perform the flashlight test then. Here are the steps to do that:
- Find a bright flashlight and make sure it has the power.
- Keep yourself about two inches away from your TV screen and shine the light on your TV.
- If you see the image on the screen with the use of a flashlight, then it means the inverter board in the TV has gone.
Check the Power and Connections
Before doing anything, first of all, try to check everything is working properly and there are no loose connections to the TV. After that, do a hard reset of your TV.
- Turn off the TV and unplug it from the switch.
- Press and hold the power button of the TV for 30 seconds.
- Release the power button and then plug in the TV back.
- If you want to try to test the picture from a device such as a cable box, then swap it out for a different device. Also, try to access the setting menu on the TV if the previous one fails.
Here are the Solutions:
Replace the Power Board
The model number will vary from TV to TV. So, replacing the power board can be a bit tricky. But you can still use this fix at home with no experience at all:
- Lay your TV face down on a surface.
- Remove all rear screws.
- Find all of the fuses on the TV. There are five mostly.
- If any of the fuses have blown, just replace them.
- Look for any wires that connect to the power board and remove them.
- Now, remove the screws that hold the power board and remove the old board.
- Put the new board in position, then screw it in position carefully.
- Reconnect all of the cables and wires.
- Replace the rear casing or cover of the TV and secure it.
- Plug in your TV and test if it is okay now.
How to fix the Vizio tv won't turn on but the white light is on?
There are several reasons why your Vizio TV's light keeps blinking such as power issues, a poor cable signal, a malfunction in one of the devices attached to your TV, or the first sign of internal hardware failure.
- Check and reconnect all connections such as HDMI, composite, and even the coaxial cable coming from your cable outlet.
- Go to Advanced video settings from your Viziotv's menu which will allow you access to several features designed to enhance your experience. Under these options, disable all other options since they might be the reason why your TV's light is flickering.
- Discharging your TV might help resolve the issue since, like all electronic devices, your Vizio TV contains Random Access Memory. After long periods, the memory might start to malfunction
If none of these options work, power cycle your device. The power cycle refers to the process of restarting your entire entertainment system.
How to fix Vizio TV power light flashes 15 times?
There are several reasons why your Vizio TV's light might be flickering. This question will guide you on how you can solve that issue. So without further ado, let us get straight into it.
- First of all, check if there are any power issues by pressing the menu button. If the menu doesn't pop up, know that your TV is not getting the right amount of power supply. If that is not the case, read on.
- Select menu
- Now, go to the system --> reset admin.
- Here, set the power indicator to on then exit out.
- Now, turn your TV off and then back on. If the light stays on without flashing, your issue is resolved. This issue usually comes up when the system is updating itself.
If the issue is still not resolved, power cycle your device. The power cycle refers to the process of restarting your entire entertainment system.