Just like a music application, YouTube also allows its users to shuffle its playlist. Did you know about this? If not then worry now because in this article I will tell you everything you need to know about shuffling YouTube playlists on your PC/TV/phone.
How To Shuffle YouTube Playlist on TV?
- Open the YouTube browser on your TV/PC/Phone.
- Navigate to the playlist menu which you will find on the left side of the screen.
- Now select your playlist which you will like to shuffle.
- Under your selected playlist you can see the ‘shuffle’ icon.
- Simply click on the icon in order to shuffle your playlist.
Shuffling the playlist on phone might be a bit more tricky than it was on shuffling your playlist on your PC. But it is possible nonetheless.
Just follow the steps given below in order to shuffle the playlist on your phone.
- Navigate to your YouTube app on your mobile phone.
- Just as I mentioned above. Search for the playlist you would like to shuffle.
- Once you have selected the playlist. Play it.
- Now expand the menu below the playback screen. You will find a shuffle icon there.
Watching YouTube on a PC and phone is fun but the fun and excitement of watching videos on a big screen is something else entirely else.
And now you can also watch YouTube videos on TV as well. And now if you wish to shuffle the playlist there, it is possible but a bit tricky but I will tell you everything that you need to know in order to shuffle the YouTube playlist on your TV.
Simply follow the steps given below to successfully shuffle the YouTube playlist on your TV.
Everything you need to know about shuffling your YouTube playlist on your TV:
Shuffling the YouTube playlist is almost impossible on TV but you can try it by casting your YouTube on yourTV through your pc or mobile. And then control the shuffle option through your pc or phone.
How to cast YouTube on TV?
- Connect your TV and PC through a Chromecast. Insert the chrome cast in the HDMI portal on your TV.
- Make sure both your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now go to your laptop browser and hit this YouTube page.
- Select the videos you want to play and you will see a casting option in the corner.
- You will now see a list and from that list select the device you want to cast the video on.
- Once you have selected the device. This will start the casting of the video on your TV from your pc.
After the successful casting, you are also able to control the options from your pc which also includes shuffling the playlist on YouTube.
How to shuffle Playlist on YouTube App?
There isn’t a way to shuffle your playlist on the YouTube app. However, you can use the desktop site to do this.
- Go to YouTube and sign in.
- Once you are signed in, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen, and then select “History:”.
- From there, you will be able to select which playlist you want to shuffle.
How to shuffle YouTube Playlists on Xbox?
To shuffle your YouTube playlist on Xbox, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your Xbox.
- Sign in to your account if you’re not already signed in.
- Press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select “Playlists.”
- Select the playlist you want to shuffle.
- Press the Menu button again and select “Shuffle.”
When you shuffle YouTube playlist does it permanently rearrange the videos?
It depends on how you shuffle the playlist. If you use the shuffle button on YouTube, it will just play the videos in random order. But if you use a third-party app to shuffle your playlist, it will permanently rearrange the videos.
The videos are not permanently rearranged; they are just displayed in a different order. If you want to keep the videos in a specific order, you can save the playlist as a custom list.
- To do this, open the playlist and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Then choose “Save as custom list.”