As it is in human nature to socialize with people up to an extent. Some people are seen to be quite active while others socialize on a specific level. A full list of the best social media sites in 2022.
People look for ways to connect and network with each other. People have been socially active on the internet for years now, which has been made possible by the advent of social networking sites.
As you might have noticed that the most famous social network sites have evolved during the past years, and they will carry on this evolution and change as time passes by.
Old sites will eventually die out and new ones will appear, the popular ones will stick around by keeping evolving.
We have moved on from using MySpace to an age these are dominated by Facebook. Most of the kids have accepted that they use Snapchat more indicating that it could be the future of where social media is leaded.
- 1 Best Social Media Sites in 2022
- 1.1 Facebook
- 1.2 Twitter
- 1.3 Whatsapp
- 1.4 Instagram
- 1.5 Snapchat
- 1.6 Pinterest
- 1.7 Tumblr
- 1.8 Reddit
- 1.9 Flickr
- 1.10 Kik
- 1.11 Periscope
- 1.12 Tinder
Best Social Media Sites in 2022
So, let us have a look at the social networking sites that everyone is using and see which one is trending the most.
Most of the People already are aware that Facebook is the most popular social networking site on the web.
Other than just connecting and networking with each other, Facebook performs more functions than just that. You can sell and purchase products online and you can also promote your business by paid Facebook ads.
By looking at stats, it was told that the Facebook Messenger which is full of thousands of awesome features has become the second most popular messaging app after Whatsapp of course.
People make use of Facebook either on an individual level or by making groups and chatting and socializing with a lot of people at once.
Though Facebook failed to gain control over Snapchat in the year 2013, it won to acquire Whatsapp in 2014 so that it can the one on the top of instant texting.
- With Facebook, it has become very easy to find friends you lost in your school time or childhood.
- Facebook has an integrated messenger that has a lot of cool features and is in competition with Whatsapp which is on the top.
- You can join pages and groups to get to know a lot of people having the same interests as yours.
- Facebook live features enable you to broadcast directly from your PC or smartphone.
- You can also advertise your brand through paid Facebook ads.
Twitter is said to be the platform where the news breaks first and is the real-time microblogging network for many people around the world.
The thing that makes Twitter so unique from the rest of the social media sites is that it stresses upon real-time information and news.
Another characteristic for which most of the people like Twitter more is its word limit of 280 words, which other sites do not possess as they have a much bigger word limit.
Like most of the social media Twitter also has changed over the years. Many of the people are criticizing Twitter for tasking and working just like Facebook does.
It has been made easier by the Twitter card integration feature to put all the multimedia content as tweets. Algorithm timelines can also be expected to be seen on Twitter in the upcoming time.
- With Twitter, you can direct message people.
- It integrates with third party services.
- Tweets can have pinned so they on the top of your timeline.
- You can update from your favorite major brands.
- Twitter owns a very large community of people, so it becomes hard to find specific people.
- You can easily feel disorganized with it.
Whatsapp is currently being used in about 180 countries around the globe. Initially, it was used to connect to friends and family but later it expanded and started to be used to do business.
It has currently become the most popular instant messaging app. You can easily send texts, pictures videos, and even audio messages to an individual or in a group.
Whatsapp uses your phone number to make an account rather than a username or a pin, which is used by other popular messaging apps.
Contacts easily transfer from the contact book in your phone to your Whatsapp account, so you can easily access people and see who is using it.
A small number of features that can have customized are also offered by the app. You can easily change profile pictures, background wallpaper, and even the notification ringtone.
Messages in Whatsapp have now been encrypted end to end, so you are assured to no one can tap on your texts and read them and not even Whatsapp itself.
- You can make audio and video calls easily.
- Voice notes and even location can have sent with ease.
- You will find no ads in Whatsapp so it is ad-free.
- Messages can not be tapped as it Whatsapp has encrypted them.
- It is hard to find old texts.
- Supports all types of multimedia.
Instagram has become the most famous social media apps are known to be sharing the most pictures ever seen by the mobile web.
It permits us to share a wider range of contents which include photos, videos, stories, and even live videos. Recently, it has come up with a mew feature of IG TV which allows users to posts longer videos.
For most of the brands and Instagram Influencers, that earn legit money from it, Instagram has now become one of the leading advertising platforms around the world.
The app was initially launched on iOS, but as it gained popularity it expanded through Android and Windows Smartphones as well along with the website of course.
- You are provided with filter features this enables you to put so many of the filters provided on your pictures.
- It can add stories like in Snapchat, which will stay for 24 hours only.
- You can turn on the push notification for the accounts these are your favorites.
- With the IG TV, you can post a video up to one and hour-long duration.
- Instagram is now putting emojis to use as a way of polling how much users like or dislike something.
Snapchat is the only social media networks are mobile-based, this means it is not available as a website. It is also instant messaging apps are based on the sharing of pictures and small videos.
One of the reasons for the popularity of Snapchat is that these pictures and small videos are put on stories that vanish after 24 hours. Facebook and Instagram have also come up.
These photos and videos termed as snaps can also be sent to your friends from where they self destruct after they have seen it after a few seconds.
Like things are shared with everyone on other, Snapchat is quite different and is loved a lot by kids as it takes off the pressure. One thing about Snapchat is that it is very easy to learn and use.
Snapchat could also have been an app where you could advertise and market your brands, but with the growth of Instagram, the rise of Snapchat was somewhat hindered by it.
- Snapchat provides us with a lot of editing tools and filters as well which makes your photos and videos look more unique.
- It is more intimate and private than most of the other traditional social media platforms.
- This one is very easy to learn and use.
- It lets you communicate with your friends too through the Direct Message features.
- You will also be notified if someone takes a screenshot of your snap.
Pinterest is a place where people go to get inspired and discover new things.
To prove how social networking and search of the world and visual content has become so crucial on the web. It is quite different than most this as it does not primarily focus on engagement.
As the fastest standalone site ever to reach 10 million monthly unique visits, Pinterest’s beautiful and intuitive pinboard-style platform is one of the most enticing and useful resources for collecting the best images that can have categorized into separate boards.
As Pinterest users want to be inspired to try or buy new things, having a presence on Pinterest could help put your brand on their minds.
The social media sites for marketing like Pinterest, it is also growing to become a huge influencer in social shopping, now featuring “Buy” buttons right on pins of products sold by some retailers.
- It is very fun and entertaining to use because of the pinboard-style it has presented.
- This one is full of inspiring messages and new ideas.
- It has a very intuitive interface.
- You can help grow your business by using the promoted video feature.
- . A new tool to be featured on Pinterest, Possibilities Planner, gives businesses a look into when pinners begin to plan for holidays and celebrations.
You can share pictures, videos, texts, links, and even audios and much more. This one can easily change the theme of your blog, your blog posts can have created in all the different types of the content format provided.
You can also follow other people to see in the content in their dashboard feed and can also get followed back. A wide range of content is shared by people on Tumblr from photos of cats to art to fashion and much more.
A popular way to interact with others on Tumblr is by liking other people’s posts and also reblogging them, which means sharing the content they shared.
You can end up getting thousands of reblogs and likes which depends on how far your post or blog might reach the Tumblr community if you post great content.
- Tumblr is completely free. You can make a new blog right now without any payment.
- A wide range of themes are available on Tumblr which can have customized, so your creativity can also be expressed in this way.
- Tumblr is personalized because you can use your domain name, which will help you brand your Tumbelog and make it professional.
- Tumblr provides you a cool blogging experience without the interruption of any ads.
- It provides Q&A features that enable your audience to ask questions and you can answer them on your Tumblelog.
Though Reddit does not possess a very appealing layout and design that does not matter because it is still a very happening and popular place in the world of the internet.
Subreddits are small communities that makeup Reddit and cover various topics. So the people that participate in the particular subreddit share photos, videos, and links that are relevant to the topic of that subreddit.
Another cool feature is the Reddit AMAs, which is the short form for Ask Me Anything, in which users are enabled to ask a question from their favorite celebs or other public figures who agree to host one.
The way how Reddit works is that the users vote up or down the links which have been submitted. The links which get the most upvotes are then moved to the front page of that particular subreddit.
Plus Reddit has its language, people who use Reddit might know there are abbreviations are specific for Reddit only. Like OP which refers to the Original Poster, ILT which stands for Today I Learned which is one of the most common abbreviations used.
- It can simply highlight text to quote it before replying so this will automatically appear in your comment.
- You can simply use a ‘p’ in the Reddit URL so the submissions of the subreddits will appear in a slideshow.
- It can turn your post into stanzas by hitting double space and then return after the line.
- You can get info about the server who delivered you the content by sliding your cursor over the pi symbol present on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Many companies have chosen to block Reddit as it is considered the black hole for productivity but you can pass your company’s filters by adding a ‘+’ in the URL.
One of the oldest social media site which became popular long ago before Pinterest and Instagram came is Flickr. It is powered by Yahoos and known for sharing photos.
If you show your photography to your friends, share photos with them, or even create albums, Flickr is one of the best places to do that. Like social media sites for marketing such as I mentioned above Facebook.
If you want to use it on your smartphones then it has now become easier as Yahoo has worked hard for updating it regularly and has kept on bringing new features and functions which very enjoyable and fun to use.
Users can edit their photos the way they like and also organize them. With Flickr, you can upload up to 1000 GB of photos without any payment, just for free.
You can get more exposure from the Flickr world and get recognized for your talent by engaging with the Flickr community. You can do that by simply adding a good caption to the photo you shared or leave a friendly comment at someone else’s photos. It can reply to other’s comments or add a keyword tag on your picture.
- You can create a public portfolio of photos this will be called your Photostream.
- You can organize your collection by putting them into albums. It can share whole albums with your friends.
- You can bookmark photos by clicking the star button given under every photo, so you can get through them later.
- With the gallery feature, you can showcase other people’s photos with a limit of 50 photos and videos.
- You can see exactly how other users are finding and viewing your photos on Flickr by accessing your stats. You’ll get to see graphs and charts representing your source breakdown, recent views, and top views.
It is a free popular instant messaging app with which you can test you and communicate and connect with your friends on an individual or a group level like other messaging apps such as Messenger and Snapchat.
It does not use your phone number to make an account like Whatsapp, instead, it allows you to make a free account by using Email and password. you can search for other users by simply searching for their username.
You can also scan a Kik code or use their phone contact by using their mobile number.
An unlimited number of messages can have sent or received with Kik to anyone else, who holds this account. It is almost identical to the SMS text messaging on your phone, the only difference is that it uses your data of WiFi.
- You get a notification when the text is sent, delivered, or even read. It can also customize your notification ringtones.
- You can send photos, animated gifs, videos, sketches, emoticons, and much more, so you are not only limited to just texting.
- Here it can also video chat with your friends which is a new feature that has been recently added.
- You can create a group chat, and connect with more than one person at one time.
- It can see the chat bubble if the other person is typing. Plus you can change the color of the chat as well.
Periscope is an app that is all about sharing and also experiencing live video streams anywhere from your tablets or smartphones.
It can have used to capture the atmosphere among fans at an important match, to broadcast an unfolding news story, or to experience what it’s like to walk down the streets of New York or Dubai.
This app is owned by Twitter and is a top competitor of another broadcasting app called Meerkat. So, the social media sites for marketing you must have some idea.
Anyone interested in starting a live broadcast can send an instant notification to the people so they can easily tune in and watch. people can participate in the live session by posting live comments or sending hearts.
People going to life can read the comments and reply to them instantly as well. Broadcasters can do private live sessions for specific users, plus they are then given the option to replay their broadcasts, so the people who have missed it live can watch it later.
People who do not have anything specific to watch can simply just open the app and browse through all the kinds of broadcasts going on, being hosted live, and watch them.
- Viewers can interact with the broadcasters by sending hearts or posting comments which can have replied by the live broadcasters.
- The map view features allow you to find streams and videos going on live in a particular location you have searched for.
- Broadcasts are saved and can have replayed for up to 24 hours after the initial broadcast.
- you can save your live broadcast on your phone once you are finished.
- The content only stays for a limited 24 hour time like Snapchat and then vanishes itself.
Tinder is a popular dating app are based on location and matches you with people that live near your area.
Users can set up a brief profile that mainly highlights their photo, and then anyone who’s matched up to them can anonymously swipe right to like their profile or left to pass on it as a match.
The two users can start chatting with each other in a private chat box, if you have liked someone’s profile and they have liked your back, then it is a match.
Though you can use Tinder for free some premium features can have used to connect yourself with people in other locations. You can also undo certain right swipes and can get more Super likes to let the other user know that they are extra special.
- It provides fun ways to connect and interact with other people in your area.
- Just with a right swipe, you can break the ice between the other user quickly.
- There could be plenty of trolls and fake aside from the real and genuine ones.
Finally, its done. I have completed a full list of the best social media sites in 2022.