Smartphones have become common these days. All of us own a smartphone and we don’t go anywhere without taking our phone along.
The smartphones are designed with the latest technology and they allow you to share your location with your friends and family.
There are many times when you don’t want anyone to know about your current location. Many people like to keep their life private and don’t want to reveal about the places they visit often.
How To Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing?
If you want to you’re your location on your smartphone, then this guide will be helpful for you. Here are some easy ways to stop sharing your location without them knowing.
Hide your location on your iPhone
There are a few easy and simple ways to hide your iPhone location from your friends or family. By following this way your friends will not be able to find out that you did this.
You can now hide your iPhone location easily. Your location is displayed from Find My Friends and the iMessage location tracking service.
The good news is that you can disable Find My Friends and your friends will not find out about it at all. You might not want people to know that where you are all the time.
When you want to enjoy your private space then it is best to hide your location. Most turning off location methods will not hide your location.
It will just hide the iPhone location from people you are sharing your location with.
Instead, you can easily rely on a different method, which is turning off your iPhone. You can also enable the Airplane mode to avoid sharing your location.
How to hide your location on your iPhone?
There are some good and efficient ways that can help you to hide your iPhone location.
If you follow these methods, then your friends and family will not find out about your location.
- If you wear a cellular Apple Watch, then make sure to avoid wearing it as it can track your location.
- Even if you don’t have your iPhone with you your watch will track your location successfully.
- You can take along your Apple AirTagsas they don’t reveal your location.
- The Tile trackers will allow you to share your location history as well.
- Tile, AirTags, and some other trackers allow tracking your location without your permission so make sure to turn off your AirTags.
Read more: Top 15 Best iPhone Launchers for Android
Fastest Way to Hide Your Location On Your Phone
- The fastest way to hide your location on your phone is to turn on Airplane mode.
- You just have to open the Control Center and click on the Airplane logo.
This option will disable all your cellular connections and WiFi. This will help you to stop others from seeing your location. If you own an iPhone then it may show the last known location but the airplane mode will not reveal your current location.
If you follow this method then this means that you cannot make calls.
- You cannot use WiFiand to browse the Internet. You also won’t be able to use any apps.
- Find My Friends will reveal your location.
- If you have your iPhone’s cellular connection on then your location might be tracked.
Hide your location from iMessage contacts
If you want to share your location from iMessage contacts, then you can follow the steps below:
- Open the Messages App on your phone.
- Select the chat conversation on your Contact list you wish to avoid sharing your location with.
- Click on the info icon below and choose the contact’s name.
- Click on the stop sharing my location option.
Read more: Top 5 Ways to Activate iPhone Without SIM