When Streaming on Twitch from Xbox with a camera, here’s how to turn on your microphone and camera.
Streaming directly to Twitch from your PS4 or Xbox One is a terrific method to practice broadcasting without having to deal with any sophisticated software.
Stream on Twitch from Xbox with a camera
Console streaming, on the other hand, has some oddities, as this query from forum user vfxtodd demonstrates:
Thanks to your instructions, I was able to begin streaming on Twitch with my Xbox One X. Now I only have to find out how to make my chat audience hear my voice while I’m streaming.
My Xbox controller currently has my headset mic piped in. That, however, does not come across in my stream. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also, how do I make a face cam appear in my stream?
Activate your microphone
To answer the first question, the Xbox One Twitch app allows you to broadcast your voice from any gaming headset, whether it’s a wired or wireless headset connected through USB.
If you want a bit more clarity than what most built-in headset mics can provide, Microsoft’s console also works with the Turtle Beach Stream Mic.
- Open the Twitch app, click Broadcast.
- Then go to the Settings menu on the bottom right of the screen to enable your microphone.
- You should see an Enable Microphone option if you have a headset or microphone attached.
- Ensure that the box.
Here is a quick way to help you out with Xbox One VS PS4 exclusives.
Activating your webcam
Your only option for showing off your face while streaming to Twitch directly from your Xbox One is to use Microsoft’s Kinect camera, which has but can still get online for less than $100.
- To enable your camera feed, head into the Twitch settings menu and select Enable Kinect, just like you would for your microphone.
- You’ll have a lot more camera options if you’re willing to stream from Mixer rather than Twitch.
- On Xbox One, Microsoft’s streaming platform supports just about any USB webcam, so you can use a Logitech C920, a Razer Kiyo, or any other USB camera you have laying around to show your face to your audience.
- Simply enter the Xbox main menu.
- Click Broadcast, and make sure the Camera slider is set to On to enable your USB camera from Mixer.
Other factors to consider
Similar limitations apply if you’re streaming to Twitch from a PS4. Your camera stream can only be broadcast with Sony’s PlayStation Camera, however, you can broadcast your voice using any headset or the Turtle Beach Stream Mic.
If you stream your console gaming via a PC utilizing a capture card, you’ll have a lot more control over the appearance and feel of your broadcast (and you’ll be able to use a lot more equipment).
Check out our entire guide on streaming to Twitch from a PC if you’re ready to take the plunge.