When you use an Apple device, you know the difference you get in user experience. In case you have multiple Apple devices and a subscription to Apple Music, then you will find the iCloud music library helpful.
How To Turn Off iCloud Music Library?
- When you sign in to your iCloud account and it is sync with the other devices.
- Then all the songs, albums, and playlists will also be synced.
However, at times you might feel that this service has its downside. In case you have a large music library, then downloading across every device would take some time like hours or days.
Moreover, iCloud music also changes the metadata of the tracks, and some users do find this very inconvenient. Whatever the reason is, in case you want to turn off iCloud Music Library, then it can be done pretty easily.
- Turn off iCloud Music on your iPhone or iPad.
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad, then just follow the steps below:
- Open the device and tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Music icon.
- Next to the option of Sync Library, make sure that the toggle is off (the button won’t be green).
If you are using a Mac, then the process of turning off iCloud Music Library would be different. Just follow the steps below:
- Open Apple Music, or iTunes
- Click on Music, which is an option on the menu and is present at the top of the screen
- In the drop-down menu, just click on Preferences, and then the General tab
- You will see an option for Sync Library; simply uncheck the box next to it
- However, this ‘sync library’ option will not appear if you are not subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Music
- Click OK and the settings will be saved
If you want to turn off the iCloud music library, then just follow the simple steps below:
- Open either Apple Music or iTunes Library on a PC.
- Click on Edit, which is in the menu bar on the top of the screen, and then choose the option of Preferences.
- In Preferences, you need to uncheck the box next to the option of ‘iCloud Music Library’, and this will disable the feature. However, if you are subscribed to neither Apple Music nor iTunes Match, then you won’t get to see this option. Now, click on OK and the settings will be saved.
For those who don’t know what is iCloud Music Library, this article is going to provide you with some information about it. iCloud Music Library is a service provided by Apple, that allows you to store your personal music library, and that too, online. You can match your tracks on the iTunes Store, stream, and download them without DRM. If you have ten registered devices with you, then you can stream and download your favorite songs on the devices.
When you subscribe to Apple Music, then you also get the feature of iCloud Music Library. Usually, subscribers pay $9.99 per month for the Apple Music service. On the other hand, if you want, you can subscribe to Apple’s iTunes Match service, and pay about $24.99 per year for it, on iTunes Library. This allows you to store about 100,000 songs on iCloud.
The best part is that, even if you store this many songs, it won’t count towards iCloud storage costs. It works with the Apple Music subscription service and the stand-alone iTunes Match option too.
iCloud Music Library gives you so much storage because it understands that storage issues are what most people face. They have large playlists on their phone or PC, and they don’t have a way to make them occupy less space. Even though the iCloud Music library has a subscription that customers should buy, it is worth it.
When you have multiple devices, all you need is iCloud Music Library to sync music on those devices. You don’t have to copy and paste things manually, saving time and space. iCloud Music can be easily turned off if you think that it is taking too much time to load, or affecting the way music is downloaded. There could be other reasons to move music to iCloud Storage as well.
Read more: How To Add Disney Plus To Hulu? Tips