Last Updated on August 11, 2020 by admin
Usually, office work has lots of Instruments, and software to run. It requires to ensure that all the user’s devices are secure.
Turning on of Windows Defender antivirus, which is a built-in protecting tool for malicious software, could be a help to protect your devices. Here are a few methods that can use to enable this protecting tool.
What is a windows defender?
Windows Defender is an anti-malware software of Microsoft for all the Windows operating systems.
Windows Defender now has become a fundamental security component of all the latest versions of Microsoft’s operating system. However, initially, it was launched for Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Operating System.
Windows Defender offers multiple sets of antimalware tools. This antivirus tool enables windows 10 as a default when it installs and boots up.
Sometimes peoples subscribe to various cybersecurity packages or they buy third-party antivirus software instead of the Windows Defender. Actually, they lost time, as well as waste money on these so-called offers.
Why you need a security tool?
If you have invested your money on the subscription of third-party security software, then you might turn off Windows Defender. As, in such a situation, Windows Defender could cause a problem with the third-party security software, when it works at the same time with other antivirus tools.
However, Windows Defender could be your first choice, when the third-party antivirus edition has become expired or outdated. Additionally, in the case when the subscription runs out, so you need to switch on back the Windows Defender security tools.
How to turn on the Windows Defender security tool?
There are only few steps you need to change on the security settings to access your Windows Defender security tools or to solve any troubleshooting to enable this default program.
Window defender security program works through two different default steps. First is enable the Window defender, while other is the turning on of real-time protection, finally, you need to check the update of antivirus definition.
- Turning on of Windows Defender
The simple steps to turn on the Window defender antivirus are listed below.
- Go to the Start button from the keyboard, and open the Control Panel by searching it in the search bar below the start Manu.
- Now go to the Administrative Tools, and then Edit group policy.
- This will result in opening a new window of the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Next, then open the Computer Configuration, and go to the Administrative Templates.
- From the Administrative Templates enter into the Windows Components, and then Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Look for the setting of Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus which will be located under the folders of other settings.
- Open Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Set it to disable.
- Turning one of the Real-time Protection
Verify that the Real-time Protection has turned through checking on the Windows Security.
Read more: How To Remove McAfee?
How to enable the Windows Defender security tool?
Go to the Virus and threat protection settings and confirm that both Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection are switched On. If you do not find these options, do the following steps to enable them:
- First, go to the window Start, then open the Control Panel by searching it on the search bar at the bottom.
- Open the Administrative Tools, and go to the Edit group policy. This will display a new window of Local Group Policy Editor.
- Here, you need to go to the Computer Configuration, and then Administrative Templates.
- Now, go to the Windows Components, and then Windows Security.
- Click on the Virus and threat protection.
- Open the Hide the Virus and threat protection area setting and set it to Disabled.
- Now, the real-time protection has turned on your PC
- Update your antivirus definitions
Ensure that, the antivirus definitions in your PC are updated. You can confirm it by going to the Window Start and look for the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select the Protection updates, as well as the Check for updates to ensure the protection.
- This will confirm that your device is currently being up-to-date, and has protection against viruses.
Read more: Beware: Free antivirus is not free anymore
If you do not see this option here, then you need to follow all the steps which are listed in the turning on the Real-time Protection.