Have you ever wondered or faced the situation in which your games are locked on PS5? If yes, then you are in the right place because we will discuss it. It is a hectic situation for sure, to be a PS5 gamer and cannot play those games.
In this guide, you will know some of the possible solutions to recover the locked games on your PS5 console. It seems to be very troublesome for the gamers, just imagine that you cannot open a game that you bought from your savings amount.
When you open a game, it may not open and a padlock icon will be shown on it. This is very sad for a PS5 gamer. But you do not have to worry. As we will discuss some of the possible solutions and the working methods to solve these.
Why Games Lock on PS5?
Have you ever wondered why games are locked in PS5? When a game on PS5 appears with a padlock icon it means that you cannot play that game at the moment. There are some of the reasons for that:
- If you are a kid then there are most chances that your parent has activated the Parental Control for that particular game.
- Or maybe you played the same game on PS4 by using a disk and trying to play the same on PS5 as well.
- Or maybe you bought a game on PS5 by using a different user account.
How to Unlock Locked Games on PS5?
In this guide, we will be discussing the possible solutions to unlock the locked games on your PS5 all by yourself. In other words, it is very easy and simple that you can do it all by yourself within a couple of minutes.
There are two steps for unlocking the locked games on your PS5. Of course, the first one is restoring the game license. Whereas, the other step is to enable the console sharing option.
How to Restore Game License on PS5?
- Firstly, Turn on your PS5 console and then log in with the account from which you bought the game.
- Now, click on the Settings icon that is on the home screen.
- After that, select the ‘Users & Accounts’ option from its menu.
- Click on the ‘Others’ option there.
- After that, click on the ‘Restore Licenses’ option.
- And then finally, hit the Restore button to restore your PS5 game license.
How to enable Console Sharing on PS5?
- Turn on your PS5 console and go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the ‘Others’ option on that list.
- Now, select the ‘Console Sharing & Offline Play’ option.
- If this option looks disabled, click on the Enable button.
I hope this will solve the padlock issue on your PS5 console.