Last Updated on June 28, 2020 by admin
A Complete Tutorial on Updating Drivers in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Each pixel on your computer screen is created by a graphics driver. Whether it’s an image (such as a photo or video) or text, a graphics driver controls what you see on your website, your games, and your video streams. Update graphics driver.
Learn how to manually update your graphics driver for high performance and clear images. Or then again do it automatically with Avast Driver Updater.
- 1 How to update Graphics driver in Windows 10, 8, and 7?
- 1.1 How To Use Windows Update to update graphics drivers?
- 1.2 How To Update graphics drivers on Windows 7 using Windows Update?
- 1.3 How To Update your graphics drivers utilizing Windows Update on Windows 10?
- 1.4 How To Use Windows Device Manager to manually upgrade graphics drivers?
- 1.5 How To Update graphics card drivers on Windows 7?
- 1.6 How To Update graphics drivers on Windows 10?
- 1.7 Where can I find graphics drivers?
- 1.8 How do I manually install Graphics Driver on Windows 7?
- 1.9 How do I activate my graphics card on Windows 7?
- 1.10 Does updating drivers increase performance?
- 1.11 How do I activate my graphics card?
- 1.12 Are drivers updated automatically?
How to update Graphics driver in Windows 10, 8, and 7?
Dull gray? Is everything a little blurry? Don’t play games? Now it’s time to upgrade your GPU drivers!
How To Use Windows Update to update graphics drivers?
- One of the easiest ways to update graphics driver with driver genius is to use the Windows built-in tool, which comes with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- The drivers you get from Windows Update are fine-tuned and verified by Windows hardware quality. Labs (WHQL) Although these drivers are not usually the latest version, they are very stable.
- To upgrade your GPU drivers using Windows Update, perform the following steps:
How To Update graphics drivers on Windows 7 using Windows Update?
- Open the Windows Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click System and Security and Windows Update.
- If you don’t see any results yet, click on the check link for the latest information. Doing so prompts the operating system to check for regular Windows updates and to search for new drivers.
- Look specifically for graphics card drivers that mention manufacturer names for graphic components, such as Intel Graphics, NVIDIA, or AMD Graphics. You can view them in the main view or under the optional updates category. If you see any of these, click the Install button and wait for the installation to complete.
How To Update your graphics drivers utilizing Windows Update on Windows 10?
- Open the Start menu and click on Settings (next to the little cog icon).
- On the next screen, select Windows Update, and Security. You can check for updates here.
The GPU drivers found will be installed automatically.
How To Use Windows Device Manager to manually upgrade graphics drivers?
In most cases, Windows Update will not be able to find a new driver. However, companies that manufacture graphics hardware usually release monthly updates to fix bug fixes and new games.
However, it takes a while for these changes to make their way through the Microsoft certification process (even if the company gets upset).
- In Windows Update, you usually see the next date from each entry. If your graphics driver is more than three or four months old, use Windows Device Manager to upgrade to the latest driver.
- Before starting, it is wise to make a system recovery point. This backs up all of your current drivers, and if something goes wrong you will be allowed to return to the previous state.
- To make your backup, right-click on Computer (on your desktop) and select Properties.
- Click the System Protection item on the left. In the next window, click System Protection, select Create, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now that you’ve backed up, follow these steps to update your drivers:
How To Update graphics card drivers on Windows 7?
- Right-click the Computer icon on your desktop, and select Properties. Then, open Device Manager.
- Go to Audio, Video, and Game Controller. Find your graphics card entry, which looks something like this:
You are looking for anything from graphics, VGA, Intel, AMD, or NVIDIA under the heading “Display Adapters“.
- Double-click your graphics card entry and go to the Drivers tab. Click Update Driver.
- Automatically search for the latest driver software.
- If it doesn’t find anything new (which shouldn’t bother you, because nothing says your driver must have the latest version), repeat steps 1-3 – repeat, and Choose to Browse My Computer for driver software instead.
- Windows now prompt you for the driver location. If you haven’t downloaded the driver yet, read below about how to get your graphics drivers.
- Okay fine? If it does not come with the installer, then remove the file from the directory where you downloaded the file. The file ends.INF (like “oem148.inf” or “intelgpu.inf“).
- Click Allow me to choose from a list of drivers available on my computer.
- Click on the disk and then browse. Find the folder of the new graphics driver you just downloaded. Double click on the.INF file.
- Click Next to install the driver. Your display may be blank at times, but when it comes back you will see something like this.
(In some cases you may be prompted to restart your computer, so be sure to follow this advice.)
- You got it! If you like, explore the new options developed in the Graphics Control Panel. To access it, right-click on the desktop, then search for Intel HD Graphic Options, NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon settings.
How To Update graphics drivers on Windows 10?
- Click the Start menu and type Device Manager keywords. You are automatically presented with some results, such as:
- Find an entry in this list that relates to your graphics card. It could be “Graphics“, “Standard VGA Controller,” “Intel Graphics,” “AMD Radio,” “Nvidia GeForce,” or any other brand name.
- Double click on the graphics card entry. The driver has a separate tab. Click on it to see the options. Click Update Driver.
- Automatically search for the latest driver software. This may give you an update. If not, repeat steps 1-3 and browse my computer for driver software instead.
- To use this option, you need to manually select the driver. Read the section below about where to find the graphics driver.
- Found a driver? It may come with your installer. If not, find the file (usually ending in .INF) in your download directory. Click Allow me to choose from a list of drivers available on my computer.
- Click on the disk and then browse. Browse to the folder containing the new drive.
- Click Next to install the driver. Soon, you should see something like this:
- Success! Your graphics drivers are now up to date.
If you wish, explore the new graphics control panel to learn about new features or adjust settings. Visit more: AmazeInvent
To do so, right-click on the Windows desktop, and look for the driver name to discover Intel HD Graphic Options, NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Radeon settings, or your new options.
Where can I find graphics drivers?
In practice, there are only three major graphics drivers: Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD. You need to go to your official driver’s web pages to get the latest version.
Download the drivers and install them using the setup file or manual driver method above.
How do I manually install Graphics Driver on Windows 7?
- Double click on the display adapter. Right-click the Intel® Graphics Controller and click Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse My Computer for driver software.
- Click Allow me to choose from the list of device drivers on my computer.
How do I activate my graphics card on Windows 7?
- Select Start → Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Device Manager.
- Device Manager contains information about each installed component in the PC.
Click the plus sign next to the display adapter, right-click the graphics card you have installed, and then select Properties. You can see the system settings for this card.
Does updating drivers increase performance?
Unlike other drivers, video drivers are often and usually updated with great performance enhancements, especially in newer games.
Heck, the recent Nvidia update boosted Skyrim’s performance by 45%, and the driver has since increased its performance by another 20%. This is a great promotion if you are a Skyrim player.
How do I activate my graphics card?
How to set up a default graphics card
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Under 3D Settings, select Manage 3D Settings.
- Click on the program settings tab and select the program for which you want to select the graphics card from the drop-down list.
Are drivers updated automatically?
In general, you don’t have to worry about updating your drivers or not.
While there are some drivers that Windows does not update automatically, they are large and covered.
If you’re having trouble with your hardware, checking for a driver update is a good place to start troubleshooting.