Discord has become a really good website for gamers because they get to discuss games with other players. Users can communicate with each other, using instant messaging, and video calls. They can share media files in private chats, which are basically called ‘servers’.
What is a Discord music bot?
A Discord music bot is a way for members of a server to listen to the same song or album, at the same time. These bots can easily find music on YouTube or Spotify; if you have any other platforms, then these bots can find music from there as well.
When a Discord user joins a voice channel, then they will be able to listen to what others are listening to. This is the best possible way of sharing music with other people, hosting parties, and providing background music to things.
How to add a music bot to Discord mobile?
Adding a music bot is not a very complicated task. The first thing that a user needs to do, is turn on the Manager Server permission option for their account. For this, the user has to be the server administrator or a trusted user of the server.
The next thing that the user should do, is looking for a bot that they want to experiment with. There are many bots listed in bot repository sites, and the user can read their descriptions as well. The two popular bot repositories that users use our Discord Bot List and Carbonitex. However, it is up to the user which repository they want to use.
For the sake of example, take Groovy. Follow the instructions below to add a music bot to Discord:
- Visit the Groovy website
- There, you will see an option of Add to Discord; click on it
- If you are using a bot other than Groovy, then it might say ‘Invite’; however, it means the same thing
- Click on Authorize
- Fill in the captcha, so that the website knows that you are not a robot
- The main command for Groovy bot is ‘play’
If you don’t know which music bot to choose from, the following are some of the options that should consider:
Groovy is a very neat music bot, and it can host music from multiple websites.
- These websites include YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud, and others.
- The bot shows really good performance, and people can use it on different servers.
- The quality of music and the playback quality, are both really good.
This music bot for Discord has mixed reviews. The bot is good, and the audio playback quality is good as well.
- This music bot is stable and reliable; it can work well on Discord.
- Since this bot is free of cost, users don’t have much to complain about.
This music bot has very good ratings, because of the quality of music and the chat sever that it provides to users. This music bot is reliable and has very good sound quality.
It might be a little difficult to understand initially, but once you figure it out, you can add any soundtrack to your game.
Hydra is also a music bot, which can add music to your Discord account. It can stream music from multiple accounts like Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, and Bandcamp.
If you want to upload any files, then you can do so using Hydra, and stream them while playing games. If you buy Hydra Premium, then you will get access to other features as well, like special effects.
Users can link their Discord with Spotify as well.
- For this, open the Discord application on your system, and log in.
- Click on Settings, which you can see at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, and then click on ‘Connections’.
- Now, click on the Spotify symbol, and you will notice that there are other applications available as well.
On the next screen that you see, simply click on Agree, and then log in to Spotify.
What are the Discord music bot commands?
The Discord music bot commands are like shortcuts that the user can take. For example, if they are using the Fredboat music bot, then the command to play music from a given URL is play URL.
If you want to see the current list of songs, then the command would be like the list.
Read more: How To Watch Blocked YouTube Videos?