Streaming games is fun for those who love to show others how they are playing at a level. However, let’s not forget that it takes up a lot of time and effort of a person.
Streamers are very dedicated to gaming, and they take up their passion with others as well. Twitch is a really amazing game streaming platform, which is where the Affiliate Program comes in.
With this Affiliate Program, gamers would be able to make money from their passion for games. They can start earning and built their audience on Twitch. If they are able to build a good audience, then they can even become Twitch Partner.
How To Become A Twitch Affiliate?
In becoming a Twitch Affiliate, you need to keep in mind three things; set smaller goals, build community, and stream quality games.
Requirements for Becoming a Twitch Affiliate
Follow are some of the requirements that you need to fulfill if you want to become a Twitch Affiliate:
- The total broadcast duration on your channel should be 500 minutes, and that too, in the last 30 days
- There should be at least 7 unique broadcast days, and that too, in the last 30 days
- You need to have an average of 3 concurrent viewers (Duration: 30 days)
- The player should have at least 50 followers
The thing you should focus on first is getting 50 followers. Even if you want to be part of the Twitch Affiliate Program, you shouldn’t choose a game that you don’t enjoy.
This is because you won’t earn money if you don’t know how to play a game. You can share your channel on social media websites, and interact with other people who are using Twitch.
If you follow other people after talking to them, then they will follow you back. If you want to invest in your account, then you can start contests, and arrange giveaways, because helps in building up engagement and loyalty.
Streaming for 500 minutes
The key here is to stream consistently so that the community around you knows that you are active and playing games. It might seem like keeping track of your minutes is a hassle, but Stream Elements sends your reports through email.
Viewership of 3
If you want to increase the number of followers and show your influence, then you need to interact with people. When you interact with other users of Twitch, then you also keep them interested in your content.
You can ask them for their feedback, ban trolls, and give feedback to them. If you know someone who is already an affiliate or popular on Twitch, then you can suggest them to visit your channel and give you a boost by mentioning the channel name to their followers.
When you become an Affiliate, then you can become a Partner as well by putting in more effort.
Difference Between Twitch Affiliate and Partner
When you have become a Twitch Affiliate, then you can enjoy multiple features that are not available to all streamers. Some of these features are as follows:
- You get cheering with bits, but no custom Cheermotes
- You can get a subscription, with 1 Sub Emote
- Game sales, which is a monetization tool
- Ads, which will be soon added to the program
- Transcode, as it is available with priority access
- VOD storage duration is 14 days
- There is no stream delay option
- In payment terms, there is chargeback protection available
- The payout time frame is 60 days
- The payout fees are covered by affiliates
- Customer service is available but on Standard Support Queue
- There will be no verified channel badge
When you become a Twitch Partner, then following are the features that you unlock:
- You can custom cheermotes, and you can lock 50 subs emotes
- Games sales and ads (coming soon)
- You can access the transcode fully
- The VOD storage duration is 60 days
- Stream delay option is available, and it is 15 minutes
- There is chargeback protection available
- The payout frame is 45 days
- Payout fees are covered by Twitch
- A person who is a partner, prioritize when it comes to customer service
- They get a verified channel badge
Becoming a Twitch Affiliate has many benefits for the user, and if they become the affiliate, then they can become the partner as well.
Read more: How to Change Steam Name? [ PC and Mac]