Virtual reality can feel like a solitary experience because it is contained within a headgear.
Your Oculus Quest (and Quest 2), on the other hand, allows you to cast what you’re seeing to a television, allowing anyone else to view what you’re seeing.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to Roku TV?
Casting is simple, and you can use it with any TV that has a built-in Chromecast app or a plugged-in Chromecast device.
- Make sure your phone and Oculus Quest headset are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on the TV and the Oculus Quest headset.
- On your phone, open the Oculus app.
- Tap the Cast icon, which is shaped like a headset with Wi-Fi waves, in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you’re utilizing the casting feature for the first time, you may need to provide permission to your local Wi-Fi network.
- In the top “Cast From” section of the app, your headset should have been selected. If there are multiple headsets mentioned, make sure you choose the correct one.
- Tap your TV or Chromecast device in the “Cast To” box. If it still doesn’t show up, make sure your TV is turned on and the Chromecast is turned on, then tap “Tap to search for other devices.”
- Tap “Start” at the bottom of the screen.
- The display from the Quest will be broadcast on television.
How to play Minecraft VR on Oculus Quest 2?
For the Oculus Rift, there is a native version of Minecraft Bedrock Edition, although Minecraft is not accessible for Oculus Quest or Quest 2. On your Quest, you can still play Minecraft, but only if you have a VR-capable PC and an Oculus Link cable.
As long as you stay linked to your PC, your computer runs the Minecraft software and provides visual data to the headset, allowing you to play Minecraft in VR.
In VR, the Bedrock Edition is simple to set up.
All you need is a link cable to connect your Oculus to your computer, the Minecraft app on your computer, the Oculus app on your computer, the Oculus Rift Minecraft app on your computer, and the Minecraft app on your computer.
On your Quest, here’s how to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition:
- If you haven’t already, go to the Microsoft Store and buy and install Minecraft.
- On your PC, open the Oculus app.
- Look for Minecraft in the search results and pick it.
- Click Free or Install.
- Put your Oculus on and use the link cord to attach it to your computer.
- To enable Oculus Link, select Enable.
- Select Start after finding Minecraft in your apps or searching for it.
- Minecraft will be available in virtual reality.
On your Quest, you can also play Minecraft Java Edition in VR, although it’s more difficult.
It requires the Vivecraft mod, which allows the Java edition of Minecraft to run in virtual reality.
The VR implementation here is more sophisticated than the Bedrock version, allowing you to personalize your experience with a variety of movement and interaction options.
How to connect Oculus Quest 2 to steam?
Are you the proud owner of a PC gaming setup and an Oculus Quest 2?
Learn how to combine the two to create a beautiful gaming marriage that would make your Whiterun family envious.
Unlock SteamVR gameplay, as well as the fantastic games library that comes with it, for hours of Virtual Reality fun.
I’ll go over three crucial stages in this process. Checking your PC’s compatibility, obtaining the appropriate software, and purchasing a cable are all things to consider.
- Buy an Oculus Quest 2 Link Cable.
- Verify that your computer matches the minimum requirements. You’ll also need a PC that can run VR games in addition to your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. You’re good to go if it satisfies the minimum standards!
- Get the appropriate software.
- Download the official Oculus Quest app, which will enable you to use Oculus Link and play PC VR games on your headset.
- You’ll also need to install SteamVR and download Steam.
Bringing things to a close
I hope you now have everything you need to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your computer and play Steam VR games.