Those who use Snapchat must know the difference between Display Name and Username.
- The display name appears at the bottom of the profile picture, and under it, the username appears.
- The display name the proper name of the person, and the username appears something like “user_name (numerical values).
If someone wants to change their Display Name, then follow the steps below:
- Tap on the gear icon, which you will see in My Profile
- Open Settings, and then tap on ‘Name’
- Enter the Display Name that you want others to see and then click on Save
Change Snapchat Username
While you can change the display name on Snapchat anytime you want, the same can’t be done for the username. To get a new username, you need to delete your account. This is why, when you are signing up for a new account on Snapchat, be very careful in choosing the username available, and then set it on your profile.
If you want to give your username to someone, but don’t remember what exactly it is, then just go to your profile and look under the display name. You can copy and paste it to the person you want to share it with.
If you don’t have any friends on Snapchat or you don’t want to use it for the time being, then deactivating it would be the right choice.
- Go to the accounts portal, and then type in your username and password.
- On this accounts portal, you will see the option of deleting your account.
- When you click on it, you will receive the message that the account will be deactivated for 30 days, after which it will be permanently deleted.
- This is a good feature because in case you change your mind, then the data that is in your account won’t be deleted and you can restore it before 30 days time limit.
However, if you don’t log in to your account and reactivate it before 30 days, then all of your snaps, chats, and device data would be deleted, and there is no way to restore it.
The only information that Snapchat keeps after an account has been deleted, is for legal and security purposes. For example, if you have made any purchases on Snapchat, then Snapchat will keep data of it.
If you want to secure your Snapchat account, then make sure that you have added your mobile number to it.
A mobile number is required by Snapchat because they want to verify it.
- To get the mobile number verified, simply tap on the gear button, and then open Settings.
- In the ‘My Account’ section, tap on mobile number, input mobile number, and then tap on Verify.
- You will get an SMS, along with a verification code; you can also get the verification code using the call option.
- Now, you can enter the verification code, and verify the mobile number.
In these Settings, under the profile screen, a user can also set their email address, and birth date. Other users can use this information to find you on Snapchat, and add you to their friend’s list.
Downloading Snapchat Data
In case you want to know the dates when you created content on your profile or the devices you used to login to Snapchat, you can get all this information.
- Go here website, and click on the option of ‘My Data’.
- In this section, you need to Submit Request, which is an option located at the bottom of the page.
- When the data is ready to download, then Snapchat will send the user a download link through email.
- The user would get the link at their verified email address, associated with their account.
The kind of information that Snapchat might have includes the mobile number, birthday, email address, the people you have blocked on Snapchat, Shazam history, Snapcode, and much more. You can even access your login and snap history. This information might be useful to those, who want to understand their Snapchat history, and how often they use the app.
Snapchat is very easy to use and run. Whether you want to deactivate your account or change your display name, all can be done within minutes.
Read more: How To Add Disney Plus To Hulu? Tips