In case you have offended someone on Snapchat, then they are most likely to have blocked you. However, there is no one definite way of knowing such a thing.
There are several ways of finding out if someone has blocked you. You simply have to dig in and find out these things:
If you suspect someone has blocked you, and that someone is a person you have been talking to recently, then this is one way to investigate.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat?
Tap on the speech bubble, which is at the bottom of the screen. If you talked to someone recently, and they don’t appear on the screen, then they have blocked you. However, it could be that they have temporarily deleted their account.
On the other hand, if you have not talked to them recently, then there is another way of finding out whether they have blocked you or not.
People also search for: How to Pin Someone on Snapchat, How to Unblock someone on Snapchat, How to Unlock Snapchat Account, How to Get Quicker Adds on Snapchat?, Log Into Someone’s Snapchat, See Someone’s Snapchat Friends.
Username and Full Name
In case you doubt that someone has blocked you on Snapchat, then consider looking up for them in the search engine.
- Type in their username in the search space, and if their name doesn’t show up, then it could be that they have blocked you. However, if you are only deleted from their Friend’s list, then you will still be able to see their username appear in the search engine results.
Even if someone has deleted you from their friend’s list, you can still send them snaps (depending on their privacy settings). However, if someone has blocked you, then you can’t send them any snaps, and that is the difference between blocked and deleted.
- The trick to finding out if someone has blocked you or not totally depends on whether you remember their exact username or not.
Use a Different Account
If you have two Snapchat accounts, then you can easily find out if someone has blocked you or not.
- Login to your account that your friend doesn’t know about, and then search for their name on the Snapchat search engine.
If their name doesn’t pop up, then that means they haven’t blocked you, and have simply deleted their account. However, if the name does pop up, then it means they have blocked you.
In case you have a mutual friend with the person you suspect blocked you, then you can just ask your other friend if they can still see their username or not.
How To Unblock Someone On Snapchat?
If you find someone annoying on Snapchat, especially someone who is a stranger and keeps on sending you snaps, then you can block them. Just follow the steps below to block them:
- Go to the chat screen
- Swipe right
- Tap on the profile icon that you see on the top
- Tap on the three dots and then on Block
- However, if you have a change of heart, then you can unblock that person as well:
- Tap on the profile icon, which you see at the top of your screen
- Tap on the gear, which you see in the Settings
- Scroll down, and then tap on Blocked
- Find out the username which you want to unblock, and then tap on the ‘x’ next to their name.
Some people send each other snaps more than others. Such friends get special emojis next to their name. There are emojis for Super BFF, BFF, besties, BFs, mutual besties, and Mutual BFs.
If a friend and you continually send snaps to each other, then you get a Snapstreak! This emoji has a time limit of 24 hours, and to keep the Snapstreak functioning, the user should snap each other right away.
When someone on your Friend’s list has a birthday, then a birthday cake appears to their name on that date, so that you can wish them.
Whether you are using iOS or Android, you can customize emojis for friends. For example, if your friend’s emoji is a yellow heart, then you can change it into a pizza slice.
When using iOS, just go to My Profile, tap on Settings, scroll down, choose the ‘Manage’ option, and then tap on Friend Emojis. In this option, you can customize their content.
Snapchat is fun to use, and you can block anyone who abuses you. Read more: How to Turn Off Subtitles on Hulu? Tips