The mouse is the master key in the computer that everyone uses to get information and check mouse dpi Windows 7. It allows you to complete all the tasks of your system.
Regardless of whether the mouse is too fast or much slower than you need it to be, adjusting the DPI of your mouse is likely to solve all of these problems.
Fortunately, you can easily adjust certain settings to make this more usable and make your mouse more responsive to users.
So now we will learn how to fine-tune the mouse DPI. The various methods are described in detail, which will allow you to adjust the sensitivity of your mouse according to your personal choice. But Before that let me explain to you what is DPI?
Check Mouse Dpi Windows 7
DPI shows the sensitivity of the mouse in the number of dots per inch.
To improve the performance of your mouse, it’s necessary to adjust the DPI of your mouse properly. DPI measures mouse sensitivity, a setting that can significantly affect your performance for image processing and games.
You can immediately change the pointer speed by changing the DPI for complex tasks. Some mouse has higher DPI capabilities, especially for a gaming mouse. While a normal mouse has a 1600dpi range, a high-quality gaming mouse can have a sensitivity of over 16000dpi.
This means that the higher the DPI, the faster the sensitivity of the mouse and the faster the pointer. By opening the mouse features you can use several options to adjust the mouse sensitivity.
How to change your mouse DPI settings?
- Go to your mouse settings. Click your start menu in the lower-left corner of your computer. Now select the control panel and then click on the “Hardware and Sound”. Below “Devices and Printers” you will go to see an option called “Mouse”. Click on it to open the mouse properties.
When this menu opens you will see 5 to 6 tabs. If you have a desktop you have 5 tabs and if you have a laptop you have 6 tabs.
- Click on the “Button”. Here you can switch between the primary and secondary buttons. Now change the speed at which double-clicking makes it harder or easier to open the file. OR click on the click-lock so you can highlight or drag without holding the mouse button down. You have a choice. There are other editions for click-lock. To use it, click on the settings in the click-lock section.
- Click on the “Pointers”. In this menu option, you will be able to change the image you see during certain Windows events. There are many choices from the predefined “Plans” that you can preview by clicking the icon. You can also cast the shadow for your pointer. And allow your computer to change the mouse pointer when you change the title.
- Click on the “pointer option”. Choose the slower or faster speed, to increase the accuracy of the pointer. Snap to option will cause the mouse to automatically move the pointer over the default button in the dialog box. The visibility options allow you to show long or short pointer tracks. Hide the pointer as you type, and show the pointer position when you press the control key.
- Click on the “wheel”. In this menu option, you will be able to customize both horizontal and vertical scrolling. Vertical scrolling allows you to rotate the center mouse wheel to scroll the page down. For each wheel turn, you can specify the number of lines you want to remove. OR you can set it to scroll the entire screen at once. Horizontal torsion is extremely difficult to master as you tilt the wheel to the side. This allows you to move horizontally and makes it easier to edit words in the document.
- Click on the “Hardware”. Here you can change the device that you are using. By doing this your computer knows which mouse you would like to use. Now you can view the mouse settings to check it’s working properly, change settings and update drivers.
- Click on the “touchpad” button. This option is mandatory if you use a computer touchpad such as your mouse. This will tell you to click on the “click to change Touchpad settings”. Click and then follow the instructions to update your touchpad settings.
- Now click on the “APPLY” button to save your settings. And then you can start using your mouse with the new settings. OR click on the “Delete” to delete the changes you have already made.
Read more: 7 Best Gaming Mouse for Small Hands
Fixed DPI may not work sometimes because mouse preferences vary from person to person. It has many advantages in the design and gaming industry.
You can improve the ability to use it by lowering or raising it. Conversely, in many cases, the user does not need higher mouse sensitivity. They can simply improve the performance of their mouse in several other ways.
Read more: How to Hide Mouse Cursor Windows 10?