Samsung is a leading brand in mobile phones across the globe for several reasons.
Like most cell phone brands, Samsung comes with built-in features one of which is its incall user interface.
What com.samsung.android.incallui is?
IncallUI stands for “In Call User Interface”. It simply runs the basic mechanics of your actual phone application.
This is the folder in your storage that contains the data related to the user interface that is shown on your mobile when you call someone.
In simple words, it is the interface that allows you to receive a call, put it on loudspeaker, record it, and so on.
The incallui consists of a call screen that you interact with and shows you caller ID. To make it clear, the following buttons appear on your screen because of it:
- The hang-up button
- The keypad
- The speaker button
Every application in your phone has the same naming convention for example:
- Messaging :com.samsung.android.messaging
- Gmail: http://com.google.android.gm
- Outlook: com.microsoft.office.outlook
Further allows you to:
- Disconnect the call
- Record the call
- Mute the call
- Put the call on hold
- Use the home button to access other applications
- Send messages to other people while on call
- Use the in-built notes that allows you to save a number
- Add other people on the call (group call)
- Disable the screen so you do not accidentally touch other applications while on call
Can I Uninstall it?
Since it is a built-in Samsung service that allows you to make and receive calls, you cannot delete it because then you would not be able to see the dial pad and many other features related to calls.
Although there is no option to remove the Incall UI from your device, you can prevent it from running in the background.
This will disable the UI only to a small extent, it will be activated as soon as you make a call or receive one. Follow the following steps to disable Incall UI:
- Navigate to settings –> apps
- Go to apps and find “phone” in all applications
- Tap the 3 dots, search for it and select “Show system apps”
- Next, go to the system apps and remove all options that resemble com.samsung.android.incallui.
Is com.samsung.android.incallui being used for hacking?
No, it is only used for providing you with an interface that you can use to make and receive calls. Contrary to popular belief, it has nothing to do with hacking.
Besides this, other applications are running in the background that assists to provide you with an easy-to-use interface.
Now let us take a look at how you can access it.
Why is INCALL Used?
Incall UI makes it easy for you to take calls and identify who is calling. The user-friendly interface further helps you to use different features such as declining a call, holding a call, and so on.
Not only that but it is Incall UI that’s responsible for locking the screen while you’re on call. Without this feature, you would accidentally touch other applications which will, in turn, frustrate you to no extent.
How to fix Incall UI not working?
To fix the problem of your caller ID not working, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to settings and go to the apps
- In the apps, search “incallUI”
- Next, tap on it for the options to display and then click on “clear cache”. This should fix the problem.
If your problem is still not resolved, simply restart your device.
IncallUI is one of the many applications that are necessary to operate your device and the Operating System properly. While there is no way you can delete it off of your phone, you wouldn’t want to do it anyways.
So in conclusion, IncallUI is the app that displays the user interface when you receive a phone call. Other than that, the option to decline the call, send messages, use the home button, are all part of the IncallUI.
On the other hand, com.samsung.android.incallui is the folder in your storage that contains the data related to the user interface that is shown on your mobile when you call someone.
Read more: How To Get Disney Plus On Samsung TV?