Last Updated on June 22, 2021 by admin
When you buy a Samsung Smart TV, there are so many cool apps that come with it. However, in case you want to download install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart TV, it is not impossible.
Third-party apps, for those who don’t know, are not made by Samsung but by other developers.
Install 3rd Party Apps On Samsung Smart
Similar to a smartphone, a Smart TV has the feature of ‘installing from unknown sources in its settings. If a customer wants to install 3rd party apps, then they need to allow their installation first. Follow the steps below:
- Switch on the Samsung Smart TV
- Go to Settings
- Open the Personal tab, and then click on Security
- Look for the option of “unknown sources”, and then click on Enabled
The next option that the user has to look for is the Developer Mode; for that, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings, and then click on Smart Hub
- Click on Apps, and type 12345 pin, which is the default
- Look for the option of ‘Developer Mode’; if the toggle is Off, then switch it to On
- Next, it will ask for your IP address; type it and then click on Ok
- Restart the Smart TV
Now that both these options have been enabled, you can download 3rd party apps on Samsung Smart TV, with the help of the following solutions:
To download an APK file, follow the steps below:
- Open the Smart TV
- Launch the browser
- Look for exposure website
- Search the third-party app that you want for the Samsung Smart TV
- Click on a downloadable apk file
- Click Install, and then follow the instructions on the screen
For the second solution, you can use a command prompt:
- Go to the settings of your Smart TV
- Click on the Network option and then ‘Information’
- When you see the IP address section, copy the IP address of the Smart TV
- Open Windows 10 computer, and then launch the command prompt
- Type ‘adb connect (IP address of the TV)
- Type ‘install D\install.apk, and when it is done, then type ‘ADB disconnect (TV’s IP address)
This solution is easier compared to all the other solutions:
- Save an APK file on the USB cable
- Insert the USB in the Smart TV
- Open files and folder
- Click on the apk file and then install it
- Click yes when asked for confirmation, and then follow the instructions on the screen
When people hear the term ‘third party apps’, they immediately think that it means something illegal. However, this is not the case. Third-party apps are simply those apps, which the manufacturer of a device hasn’t made, but another developer has.
For example, if the Netflix app doesn’t come with a Samsung Smart TV, then it could be considered a third-party app when the user tries to install it on their Smart TV.
Samsung Smart TV offers users a lot of entertainment choices and it is highly unlikely that the user won’t find what they are looking for on their Smart TV.
Some of the pre-loaded apps on Samsung Smart TV are Netflix, Disney Plus, Apple TV Plus, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC Player, and All 4. Some of these apps are for the US only, while some are for the UK only.
In case the user wants to delete these preinstalled apps, they can do so by going to the Smart Hub. Simply highlight the app, and then click on Remove.
Read more: How to Make Someone Admin on Discord?