This pandemic has created a need for teachers and students to interact online, and continue the process of learning.
Even though it is not easy to get used to learning without physical classrooms, online learning is the only way to make sure that learning doesn’t stop.
Zoom has many features, not only for students, and teachers but for people related to all walks of life. For example, you can have a business meeting on Zoom, or a proposal presentation.
Features of Zoom
This is the most exciting part of Zoom, where the user can change their virtual background, and make it appear as if it is real.
There is an option of virtual background on the Zoom app, where the user can decide the kind of background that he wants to choose. Do you really wanna know how to make a Loomie 3D avatar for Zoom meetings.
If you want to schedule a Zoom meeting, but you don’t want to tell each and every person separately, then this is a helpful feature for you.
All you have to do is create an event using the Zoom Scheduler Extension, and integrate it with your calendaring system. Make sure to choose the option of “Make it a Zoom Meeting”, and everyone will get the invite!
You might have invited some people to a Zoom meeting, but you don’t want them to join just yet. If that is the case, then you can use the waiting room feature in Zoom.
With the help of this feature, the person who is joining the meeting will have to wait, and this is one of the best ways to make a conversation more secure.
What could be the best way to collaborate, other than working together? This was possible in a classroom setting before, but now it can be done through Zoom meetings as well.
For example, a design team has a Zoom meeting, where they share their screens with each other, and work at the same time.
There is an option of dual monitors in Zoom, where the use can share their screen, and see the other person’s screen as well.
This might seem like a useless feature, but some people like to appear professional and smart when they are in a meeting.
Now, with the help of the touch-up feature, they will be able to make changes to their appearance, like polishing it a little. The touch up process can be done quickly, and a person will look fresh.
Create a Loomie 3D Avatar for Zoom Meetings
While some people put up their own pictures as profile picture on Zoom, others would like to do something different.
For a 3D avatar, the best thing to do download the Loomie app. This app is available for both Android and iOS users.
- Download and install the app, and then take a picture of yourself, using the phone’s camera. Zoom download.
- In the Loomie app, you will see different avatars or variations; pick one. If you want to change the gender of the avatar, then you simply have to swap.
- Tap on the Sign In button, so you can create an account and save the Avatar.
- Customize the avatar as much as you want, for example, you can change the hair, give the Avatar glasses, and make it as fun or serious, as possible.
- Press Save and your Avatar is now ready.
- Open your computer, and download LoomieLive on it.
- Open the program, click on the menu, and then select Login.
- Input the login details of the account that you made earlier and then change your picture.
- There are two ways of changing the avatar; during the call, or before it starts.
- To do it during the call, you will see an arrow next to Stop Video; choose the option of LoomieLive Camera+.
- If you want to change it before the call, then open Settings, and choose the second option, which is Video.
- Now, choose the Loomie option from the drop-down menu of the Camera.
You have successfully changed your Avatar, and everyone who calls you will be able to see it. Have done how to build a Loomie 3D avatar for Zoom meetings.
Pros and Cons of Using Zoom
Since Zoom didn’t come into the spotlight until this very year, people didn’t know how to use it, or what they can achieve from it.
There are several pros and cons of using Zoom:
The company has promised that it is going to fix the privacy and security issues. However, there have been unfortunate events during Zoom meetings, like people dropping in meetings to drop racial slurs.
Zoom is the need of the hour because nobody knows when the pandemic is going to end. Even though some countries have opened their schools and universities, cases of Covid have not given students much time to start learning in their old setting.
Similarly, going to the office, and making sure that no one is infected has become a dilemma.
People working in the office come in contact with clients and other personnel, which is why the management of a company cannot risk the lives of their own employees and others.
Zoom makes it possible for people to have online meetings, which might not be as effective as face to face meetings but is the only option left for them. Zoom is a great app, and more people will start using it, only if they fix their privacy and security issues.