MediaTek VCOM USB Driver is basically used in connecting MediaTek smartphones with Windows PC. Tired to install VCOM Driver for Windows 10?
The driver is required for many of the tasks such as installing the firmware on a bricked device.
What are VCOM USB Drivers?
VCOM USB drivers are especially USB drivers to detect MediaTek phones on Windows-based computers. The driver offers the users to flash Firmware on bricked phones and it also provides alteration or change of MediaTek phones. It helps the Windows PC to detect battery-less MediaTek devices as well.
So, if you are having a phone with MediaTek chipset on it, then you must use MTK VCOM USB Driver on your PC for any kind of change or modification.
Download VCOM Driver for Windows 10
You can download the VCOM USB drivers from the link given below. The driver is a very tiny size driver (in kb’s) yet they are very helpful. Android Hat World
The VCOM USB Driver is for Windows 10 32 bit and for the Windows 10 64 bit operating system. After you download the driver then you just have to follow the guide given below to successfully install the VCOM driver on your PC.
The installation process is a bit different than other common executable files, so it is better for you to follow the guide.
Read more: Can You Get Ibis To Paint On The Computer?
How to install MTK VCOM USB Drivers on Windows 10
First of all, check out the windows version (check if it is 32 bit or 64 bit) in the system properties. And if you have Windows 10 64 bit then firstly you have to disable driver signature enforcement. There is no need to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 32 bit.
This is how you can disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 64 bit
- Click on Start and then go the Settings then go the Update & Security.
- Now in the left pane select the Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, click on Restart Now.
- Now click on Troubleshoot and then select Advanced options.
- Now click on Startup settings and then go to Restart.
- It will restart to Startup Settings with different options.
- Now press F7 or 7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now you can also install the driver.
- Repeat all of this procedure after installing the MTK VCOM USB Driver on your PC.
Now this is how you can install MTK VCOM USB Driver on Windows 10 32 and 64 bit
- Extract the downloaded file by using the WinRAR or Winzip software.
- Right-click on the Start icon and then open Device Manager.
- Now in Device Manager, just click on the first item which is shown on the screen.
- Then click on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- Now on the Add Hardware Wizard window, click on the Next button.
- Now select ‘install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced)’ and then click on Next.
- Select the option ‘Show All Devices and then click Next.
- Now click on the ‘Have Disk’ option which is on the bottom right of the window and locate the extracted folder.
- Now simply select Windows 10 x64 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 64-bit Windows or you can select Windows 10 x86 MTK USB Drivers.inf for 32-bit Windows.
- After selecting that, click on OK. Now from the Model list select on MTK USB Port and click on Next.
- If you see a warning window that pops up, click on ‘Install the driver software anyway’.
- This will then install MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port, MTK DA USB VCOM Port, MTK USB Debug Port, MTK USB Modem Port, and MTK USB Port.
- Now open Device Manager again and expand the ‘Ports’ option (COM and LTP).
- Right-click on MTK USB Port (COM3) and then click on Uninstall.
- In the ‘Confirm Device Uninstall’ window uncheck “Delete the driver software for this device and then click OK.
That’s all. You are all set and you have now successfully installed MTK VCOM USB Drivers on your Windows 10.
Read more: How do I Download the YouTube App to My Computer?