Last Updated on September 4, 2020 by admin
You don’t want someone to know that you have watched their Insta story? You think that is impossible because multiple websites have told you so? You’re wrong!!
You can easily hide others from knowing that you have watched their Insta story.
For those who post stories a lot, they find it very interesting to know who has watched their story. However, for those who view it, they might want to hide it.
Hide Me on Instagram Story
Open the profile whose Insta story you want to watch, and then pause it in between. This is a feature of Instagram that not many people are aware of.
You can actually pause a story, just by pressing the screen. You can then swipe the story a little to the right or left, and Instagram will start playing other stories. This way, Instagram won’t register that you have watched a particular story, and the circle around it will be intact
However, most people are not able to implement this trick, and they get seen!
- If you value your privacy on Instagram, then keep on reading this article.
If you share pictures about your everyday life, but you don’t want anyone other than your friends to see it, then it is best to keep your profile private. Unless and until you accept a person’s follower’s request, they won’t be able to see your profile pictures.
- Instagram limits the people who can see your stories. If you want only some of your friends to see your Instagram story, then go to Setting, privacy, and then choose the ‘Story’ option.
- There, you can choose ‘Hide Story From’, and it will open a list of the people who follow you.
- Tap the circle under their names to cut their access to your story.
If you want to prevent people from sharing your story, then follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings, Privacy, and then Story
- Scroll down and you will see the option of ‘Sharing’
- There is another option of ‘Allows Sharing’
- Turn that off
If you don’t want people to reshare your stories, then turn off that option as well.
If you don’t want your story to be shared on Facebook, then turn off that option as well.
This way, even if you have limited people from sharing your story, they won’t be able to reshare to those who you don’t want to show the Instagram story.
One of the best ways to make sure that your data is secure on Instagram, and doesn’t fall into unauthorized hands is by blocking the person.
- If you think that someone is stalking you, or spreading your pictures, then simply go to their profile.
- On the upper right corner, you will see three dots. Tap on those dots, and then tap on the block.
- That person will no longer be able to see your posts, share them, or interact with you.
Read more: How to see what someone likes on Instagram?
Some people don’t want others to discover that they are on Instagram, so why not become less visible?
- Wearing Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak is very much possible on Instagram.
- Simply go to the Settings menu on Instagram.
- Tap on Account, and then choose the option of Contacts Syncing.
- Now disable the ‘Connect Contacts’,
- And people won’t be able to discover you on Instagram from your contact number or other information.
- You can also stop Instagram from suggesting your account to others. Usually, when Instagram sees similar accounts, then it shows that account under ‘Similar Account Suggestions”.
This part of the Settings comes in handy when you don’t want people to see when you are online or active on Instagram.
- Go to Settings, Privacy, and then Activity Status.
- There, you will see the option of Show Activity Status; simply disable it.
- If you don’t want people to tag you in photos, before you review them, then go to Settings, Privacy, and tap on Tags.
- There, you can choose the option of ‘Manually Approve Tags”.
- This is a very important privacy feature, one that not many people know about.
If children under 12 are using Instagram, then it is very important for parents to know about these settings.
Children often don’t know the pictures they are sharing on the internet, can have consequences or could fall in the wrong hands.
These settings and their execution is bound to make Instagram a much safer place for the users, regardless of their age.
Moreover, if you limit the people who can view your Instagram story, or share it, then you don’t have to worry about who is watching it.
Even though the pause method might work for someone, there is no way of stopping a user from seeing, who has viewed their story. Instagram is a fun place, but not for stalkers! Read more: How to view full-size Instagram?