How annoying it can be when your phone decides to block a person on its own when you have no intention to do so?
Why is iPhone Not Sending Text Messages to One Person?
If this is happening on your iPhone, and you are not able to send text messages to one person, then there are several methods you can try.
Soft Reset the Phone
To soft reset, an iPhone, press the volume down and the side button at the same time and hold them until you see the screen turn black
- When the Apple logo appears, that means your iPhone has reset; release the buttons and wait (it takes a while to restart)
- When your iPhone wakes up again, try resending the message.
Clear Messages App Cache
For those who don’t know, the cache is temporary memory of the phone. Its main objective is to make sure that you are able to have a good browsing experience. In case a text message issue arises, then you can try the following steps:
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone
- Go to General
- Tap on Reset and then Reset Network Settings
- When you type the passcode of the iPhone, it will reboot.
If the above two methods don’t work, then it is time for a software update (in case it is available). There are at times bugs in a phone, which prevent messages to be sent to a specific person. In this case, just follow the simple steps below:
- Go to Settings in your device
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update. If there is a software update, then you will see a description or a notification
Wait for the update to complete and then relaunch Messages. Try sending a message to the person who was not receiving messages before, and the problem will be surely solved.
If you are sending messages to a person who is using Android, then the iMessage feature will not allow you to send or receive messages. Thus, you need to take some simple steps to tackle this issue:
- Restart the phone, and make sure it is connected to an active Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Messages
- Toggle off iMessage
- In order to fully deactivate the iMessage option, restart the phone
- You will now be able to receive and send messages to those contacts, who are using Android.
Check the SIM Card
Often it happens that when our phone falls down, or we try to insert an SD card, the SIM moves too. You need to check the SIM card and make sure that it is intact.
- First, you need to switch off your phone and use the ejection pin to open the SIM tray.
- Make sure that the SIM is perfectly placed in the tray.
- Restart the phone and try; surely, this method will work and you will be able to send messages to a specific person.
Before using all these methods, however, make sure that you have not blocked the person you are trying to send a message to.
If you have blocked that person, or they have blocked you, then you won’t be receiving a reply anytime soon.
Read more: How to Pair Hearing Aids to iPhone?