This is a guide that will tell you and explain to you how to Tell When Someone Reads your Text Message in iPhone and Android. Also in the Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp messaging apps as well.
Tell When Someone Reads your Text Message in iPhone
Firstly, on an iPhone, you have to read the receipts that are the only way to tell if someone read a text that you sent from Messages, which is the default app for iOS. If you and the person you text both are using the Apple iMessage service and activated the read receipts.
Then you will see the word Read below your last message to the receiver with the time of the message that was read.
This is how to enable or disable the read receipts in Messages for the iOS users.
- Firstly, on your iPhone, open Settings.
- Secondly, tap on Messages (that is the green icon with a white bubble inside).
- Then, turn on Send Read Receipts.
- Now, others are also notified whenever you read their message. If your recipient has also enabled this option, then you will see Read below your message with the time when it read.
Read Receipts on Android Smartphones
Here, the situation is almost the same on Android phones as well. There is an app that is Google Messages app. This app supports read receipts, but the phone must also support this feature in order to run that properly.
Your recipient must also have this option active for you to see if they read your message.
Here are the simple steps on how to enable it in Android:
- Firstly, from the text message app, go to Settings. Now, if you do not see Settings, then tap on the three dots or vertical lines above on the screen.
- Secondly, go to Chat features, Text Messages, or Conversations. If this option is not on the first page of the Settings, then tap on More Settings or Advanced Settings.
- Now, turn on or turn off the Read Receipts, Send Read Receipts, or Request Receipt (any of these three) toggle switch. It depends on your phone and what you want to do.
- Then, turn on Delivery Receipts to find out if your text was delivered to the recipient. (This option does not show if the message was read).
- And on the latest phones, open the Messages app and then go to Settings, then Advanced, and then Get SMS delivery reports.
That’s all people. I hope you find this article helpful. Thanks for reading.