The best part about a smartphone, as opposed to other phones, is that the user can easily track it. You need to know how to track iPhone if the sim card is taken out.
The new phones of Apple and Samsung come with a tracking feature, which is very helpful for users who keep forgetting where they have kept their phones.
If the user is able to track their phone, then it would become easy to find it in case it gets stolen, or some unauthorized person picks it to collect information.
- 1 How to track iPhone if the SIM card is taken out?
- 2 Can you track the stolen iPhone if the Sim Card is removed?
- 3 Can You Track an iPhone If the Battery Taken out?
- 4 Can a stolen iPhone be used with a new SIM card?
How to track iPhone if the SIM card is taken out?
iPhone comes with a feature called ‘FindMyIPhone’, through which the user can find the exact location of their smartphone. Even if someone changes the SIM card of the phone, it can still be tracked.
Tracking Without SIM
- If the SIM card of your iPhone has been changed, and you want to find it when it gets stolen, it is still possible.
- The Find My iPhone application communicates with the wireless network so that it can perform properly.
- When the iPhone doesn’t have a SIM card, then that communication is no longer possible, and the GPS coordinates of the location can’t be found. However, to locate a phone, the iPhone doesn’t have to have a SIM, but a simple internet connection.
- If the phone is connected to Wi-Fi, then it can be easily located.
- The main thing to remember here is that the phone needs cellular data or a Wi-Fi network, and the user will be able to find it.
Importance of Battery
There are several other factors that determine if the user is able to track their iPhone or not.
- One of these factors is the battery.
- If the battery of a phone is removed, or it runs out of power, then the user will not be able to find it.
- This is because, as the battery is removed, then the Wi-Fi or data won’t work, and the user will not be able to track the phone.
- As opposed to removing a SIM, removing a battery is not possible in the iPhone, because it doesn’t come with a removable battery. However, if someone has stolen an iPhone, then the first thing that they would do is switch off the phone.
- This would mean the Find my Phone application will not work.
Even though this is a very good feature, but those who are stealing an iPhone would know that taking out the battery and SIM card will make the application ineffective. However, this is an amazing feature, which not many phones have.
It does require access to a Wi-Fi connection, or if the SIM data is on, then the user can track the phone. This is why, whenever you go out, keep the SIM data on in case the phone gets stolen and you want to find out its location right away.
Find My iPhone Settings
- The user should remember that unless and until they have to Find their iPhone turned on, they won’t be able to locate their phone when it goes missing.
- Keeping this option on, lets the phone form a connection with Apple servers, and they can track the phone in real-time, as well as keep the receipts of the instant messages that the user sends.
Mark As Lost
When an iPhone is lost, and the user is able to locate it, then they can mark it as lost.
- For this to work, the phone should be connected to the internet, or the SIM data should be in use.
- When the user locks the phone using a passcode.
- Then they can also put up a custom message on the lock screen, telling the finder to deliver the phone to a particular address, or contact them on another number.
If there are credit or debit card details on the phone, then the ability to make payments would be automatically suspended, until the user gets their phone back.
Apple also gives users the chance to erase their data remotely, if they think that their iPhone is in the hands of a person who can misuse their data.
However, after a person has erased a device, they would no longer be able to track it, and the activation lock will be turned off as well. This will allow the other person to use your data.
Here you got how to actually track iPhone if the sim card is taken out successfully.
Can you track the stolen iPhone if the Sim Card is removed?
The Discover My iPhone application needs to speak with your remote network to work appropriately.
- The GPS organizes for your gadget can’t set up.
- Generally, when the SIM card is out of an iPhone it can’t find using the MobileMe following assistance.
- Since it is so easy to cripple the “Discover My Phone” highlight on an iPhone.
- Consider calling your specialist service provider on another mobile.
- If your gadget doesn’t show up in your MobileMe account.
- iPhone that is lost yet not in the possession of someone else will probably appear in MobileMe.
- In the event that you can’t follow the Iphone.
- It very well may be a decent sign that another person has discovered the gadget and eliminated the SIM or battery.
Can You Track an iPhone If the Battery Taken out?
Find My iPhone is an app and service provided by Apple that allows users to keep a track of their ios devices. All iPhones with iOS 5 have the Find My iPhone application. There are, however, some limitations to the app. For example, Find My iPhone cannot locate your phone if the sim card is taken out. This is because the application needs to communicate with your wireless network. When the sim card is taken out, the application can no longer track the GPS coordinates of your phone.
- Similarly, Find My iPhone cannot work if your phone has no power or the battery of your iPhone has been removed.
- You can still send a message to be displayed on your device using the MobileMe service, or wipe all your data from the phone, the actions will only take place when the power is restored.
Can a stolen iPhone be used with a new SIM card?
No, a stolen iPhone cannot be used with a new sim. This is because the owner of the phone can track it regardless of the sim. All he will have to do is connect to a wifi or cellular data and log in to his iCloud id using a computer. Other than that he can also log in to Find My iPhone through which he can easily track his stolen phone if it is connected to the internet. Furthermore, whoever stole your phone will find it impossible to switch it over since it requires credentials. The thief might try going to a shop to get help but they won't be able to help him either without the credentials. So the answer is, no a stolen iPhone cannot be used simply by using a new sim card.