Roku is an amazing streaming device. It can be one of your favorite things to do if you are having a lazy Sunday. Either for watching TV shows or enjoying some of the old but gold shows.
Let’s have a quick guide.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Roku?
This little device can help you to relax and then recharge your batteries also for the upcoming week.
There are situations where you might get sick of the subtitles on your Roku or by an accident you turned them on. Or maybe it was for someone else who turned those options on and then they are not disabled now.
If someone else has done that, then I would not want to call that person and ask that person how he did that. Well, you do not have to ask anyone for it. Here is how you can turn off the subtitles.
Turning off the Subtitles
Just like there are two ways to enable subtitles, there are also two ways to disable those. Both of them are very simple if you know the way how to do that.
Here are the steps below:
- First of all, press the Home button, which is on your Roku’s remote control.
- Secondly, press the arrow keys to navigate and then find the Settings in the menu.
- Now, find the Accessibility (or the captions if you are using an old version of Roku) and now open it with the right arrow.
- Then, choose the Captions mode from the menu.
- Simply select the off option to turn off the subtitles.
This will apply to everything that you will watch in the future. Even though, if you want to turn off the captions for some time and do not want to apply them to all of the programs.
- Simply disable the captions while you watch a show to disable from that particular show.
- If you press an arrow button or the play or pause button in the middle of the show, then you will see a small icon.
- That small icon should be in orange color if your subtitles are on.
- It is in the bottom right corner of the screen, if you disable the captions, then it will turn white. But when there are no available subtitles for the show at all, then this icon will turn grey.
The fast way to turn off your captions on your Roku device.
- It is to press the start button (*) that is on your remote control.
- When there is a window appears on your screen, use the arrow keys to navigate and then go to Closed Captions.
- Now set the subtitles to OFF and then press the start button again to close the menu.