Anaconda is a widespread distribution of Python and R.
It can work on Windows, Linux or Mac, and provide everything you need to solve data analysis and processing.
If you have decided to remove Anaconda or re-install the system, follow the steps below.
This time we would like to explain how we can safely get rid of Anaconda.
You can remove Anaconda manually or do it with a unique software tool. We will explain both options for managing Anaconda cleaning.
Therefore, Anaconda is an open-source distribution source for R editing languages and Python, with package management tools and installation.
It is very popular with data-driven companies and data scientists. It simplifies data analysis, provides isolated libraries and different versions, etc.
To Uninstall Anaconda in Windows 10
To do this, you can perform a simple program removal. It will leave a few files behind, which for most users, is acceptable.
Suppose you also want to delete all traces of configuration files and references from Anaconda and its programs.
In that case, you can download and use the Anaconda-Clean program first, then delete the simple ones.
Use a simple removal to remove Anaconda
In Window 10, select Install or Uninstall Applications or Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel, and then choose Python 3.6 or your Python version.
Uninstall completely using Anaconda-Clean and remove the simple
- Anaconda-Clean must perform before simple removal.
- Install Anaconda-Clean package from Anaconda Prompt (Airport on Linux or macOS).
- conda to install anaconda-clean
- In the same window, apply one of these commands:
Delete all Anaconda related files and references with the verification command before each removal:
Or, delete all Anaconda-related files and references without instructions to delete each:
- clean Anaconda – yes
A backup of all files will create by Anaconda-Clean and references that can transfer from a folder. It will reserve in your home catalog.
Also, a record that Anaconda-Clean transmits your data files in the Anaconda Projects record is clear.
To Uninstall Anaconda in Mac
It is easy to install the Anaconda on the Mac. But once you install it, things get tough.
The IDE has a problem in installations like Anaconda is that they get too many server files and many package tools on your computer. Something hard to remove from the IDE.
- What’s worse is that Anaconda is not so easy to remove once you’ve decided you do not need it anymore.
- It leaves clues throughout your computer. “Uninstall Anaconda Mac” is the same as “installing Anaconda Mac.”
- Fortunately, we know some great solutions to uninstall Anaconda to 100% go on your Mac.
Remove Anaconda with the easiest way
There are some ways to uninstall an Anaconda by hand, but they must warn you that it is not easy.
- You will have to deal with Terminal instructions and bash-profile.
- When trying to remove Anaconda manually, there is always a risk of losing something or deleting essential files. If you use the Mac regularly and know all about it, then it is easy for you.
Otherwise, you can check out how to use manual download. However, we recommend taking a safe route and using CleanMyMac X for this task.
CleanMyMac X is the best Mac cleaner in the world. Not an exaggeration. A few simple modules allow you to delete and find logs, uninstall apps for related files, remove malware, etc.
The Smart Scan feature will allow you to clean up the entire system and free up gigabytes of space. We sometimes wonder why the CleanMyMac X is not in all Macs because of the value it brings.
Using CleanMyMac X
- Open CleanMyMac X from Setapp.
- Navigate to Applications and Uninstall it.
- Select Anaconda from the list.
- In the end, remove Anaconda.
There is nothing left in the device. No package service files are present in it. It will CleanMyMac X and deletes the program itself and all associated files.