As a person who takes audio to great heights, if not the most important thing during streaming. I think the way you guys did it for webcams and were able to use the mic on Xbox one and PS5.
Third-party USB microphones, such as the Blue Snowball or AT&T, can be plugged into the Xbox One so that people coming from the console get a higher standard and are not forced to use a headset with a mic.
Nowadays, people like to buy gaming consoles to play their favorite games and the main reason behind buying a console is that some of the games are only released on consoles and can’t be played on PC.
Before we get to start talking about the actual topic of how to use a USB mic on the XBOX one, let’s talk about what is an Xbox One first.
The Xbox One is an eighth-gen home video game console which is developed by Microsoft. It was announced in May 2013, it is the successor to Xbox 360 and it is the third console in the Xbox series of video game consoles.
In the beginning, it was released in North America, some parts of Europe, Australia, and South America in November 2013, and later in September 2014, it was released in Japan, China, and other European countries as well.
- This is the first Xbox game console that was to be released in China, especially in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone.
- Microsoft promoted the device as an ” all in one entertainment system ” so they named it ” Xbox One “.
- The Xbox One mostly contends and competes against Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Nintendo’s Wii U and Switch.
- Moving away from its ancestor’s PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture which is used in the original Xbox, it offers an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit ( APU ) built around the x86 – 64 Instruction set.
The controller of Xbox One was redesigned over the Xbox 360’s controller, with a redesigned body, D-pad, and triggers capable of delivering directional haptic response or feedback.
It places increased importance on cloud computing, social networking features, and the ability to record and share video clips or screenshots from your gameplay, or you can also live stream directly from the streaming services such as Twitch and Mixer.
The Xbox One can play Blu-ray Disc, and overlay live television programming from an existing set-top box or a digital tuner for digital terrestrial television with an increased program guide.
The console also has an optionally included redesigned Kinect sensor, which is marketed as the ” Kinect 2.0 ” which provides improved motion tracking and voice recognition.
How To Use USB Mic on Xbox One?
The Xbox One has received generally positive reviews for its refined and advanced controller design, multimedia features, and voice navigation.
- It is quieter and cooler design was greatly praised for making the console much more reliable than its ancestors on the launch, but the console was typically criticized that it has been technically running games on a lower graphics level as compared to the PlayStation 4.
- The original user interface of the Xbox One was criticized for not being intuitive, even though the changes have been made to it and also other aspects of the console’s software post-launch received a positive reaction.
- Its Kinect has received praise for its much-improved motion-tracking accuracy, face recognition logins, and voice commands.
Xbox One model
The original Xbox One model was succeeded by the Xbox One S in 2016, which has a smaller form factor and it has support for HDR10 high dynamic range video, as well as support for 4K video playback and upscaling of games from 1080p to 4K quality.
It was praised for the smaller size, its on-screen visual improvements, and its lack of an external power supply, but its weaknesses such as the lack of a native Kinect port were also noted.
A high-end model, named Xbox One X, was then revealed in June 2017 and was released in November. It offers features that are much-upgraded hardware specifications and support for rendering games at 4K resolution.
This will also be succeeded by the upcoming Xbox Series X consoles in the coming time.
The original Xbox One’s outer casing consists of a two-tone ” liquid black ” finish, half-finished in a matte grey, and the other in a glossier black. The matte side of the top of the console includes a large air vent.
The design was intended to make it a more entertainment-oriented and simplified look than previous versions of the console, among other changes, the LED rings which were used by Xbox 360 are replaced by a glowing white Xbox logo that is used to communicate the system’s status to the user.
Due to the overall ventilation design of the console, the original Xbox One is designed to only sit horizontally, as it is designed accordingly.
The Xbox One S utilizes a refreshed version of this design, which comes with a case that is 40 percent smaller in size and supports vertical orientation as well as a stand.
Xbox One S SKU
The main Xbox One S SKU is colored in an all-matte ” Robot White ” finish, with half of the console which is adorned with machined holes. and a visible circular vent on top of the console’s right half.
It also utilizes push-button controls rather than the capacitive keys, the side USB port, and controller sync button were also moved to the front of the console, and the power supply is installed into the console’s casing rather than sitting externally ( plugging directly into an outlet despite using an external “brick” )
Xbox 360’s controller
The Xbox One controller maintains the overall layout found in the Xbox 360’s controller, but with different refinements to its form.
Amongst the changes include a much smoother form, which has a textured analog stick, a four-way directional pad, and redesigned triggers and shoulder buttons with a bend or curved shape for ergonomics.
The Menu and View buttons have been replaced with the Start and Back buttons. Each of the triggers features an independent rumble directional vibration. One trigger can also be made to vibrate when firing a gun, or both of them can work together to create feedback that indicates the direction of an incoming hit.
For all the people who consider audio as a very important thing while gaming and streaming games then I have some third-party USB mics for you that you can use while gaming or streaming on XBOX One.
If you are a gamer and you love to stream games from a console then these mics will provide you with top-notch audio quality and it is not necessary to buy or use a headset with these USB Microphones.
The following are the Third-Party USB Microphones you can use with XBOX One:
This Microphone here is one of those few USB microphones which can have used with the XBOX One. Not every microphone supports and runs on XBOX One.
- Turtle Beach microphone is a professional quality desktop microphone that is specially created for gamers streaming purposes directly from the consoles.
- This Turtle Beach stream Mic supports and runs on Xbox One, PS4 Pro, PS4, PC, and Mac devices as well.
- With this Turtle Beach Microphone, consol live streaming is made much easier than ever before. You can stream with a professional quality microphone on the consoles via a single USB connection only.
- The Mic Patterns on this Turtle Beach are adaptive to TruSpeak Technology. It has high definition voice pick-up, as well as Table Top and Boom, mounted modes to provide you with excellent clarity.
There is a Built-In Headphone Amplifier on this microphone. It is a zero-latency headphone output on this Turtle Beach which provides you with accurate monitoring over audio of the game and voice levels as well.
Blue Snowball USB Microphone
This is another great product from Blue, which is known for designing and introducing wonderful microphones throughout the world.
Snowball from Blue is a classic USB microphone with studio quality which can be of great usage to record, stream, and podcast as well.
- Snowball USB Microphone from Blue has a plug-and-play design and functionality without any requirement of the software.
- It offers you professional studio quality performance and you can easily record both, the vocals and instruments with the help of this Snowball USB microphone without facing any technical problems. The quality is ensured not to disappoint any user of it.
- Even the users of Mac and PC can use this exceptional Snowball USB microphone from Blue, as it is compatible with Mac and PC as well. And the mic patterns on this Snowball USB microphone are switchable for a range of recording applications.
These were the two very few exceptional USB microphones that support and can be run on Xbox One without facing any problems.
You can buy any one of these two USB microphones and these will run flawlessly on your Xbox One console. I hope this article of mine has helped you.