Last Updated on September 3, 2021 by admin
Friendships are not allowed to be added to a set of restricted accounts.
You can accept buddy invites from other non-limited users in this circumstance.
How to Add Friends on Steam Without Paying?
- Look for additional players in the Steam community.
- Make an invite link and distribute it to other players.
- Connect your Facebook account to locate Steam pals.
- Directly go to another profile and pick ‘add friend.’
If someone is already on Steam and has purchased something from the store for $5, they will be able to add you as a friend via your Steam community profile.
In addition, once a player has achieved the maximum number of friends, no additional invites will be given or received.
How to change where steam installs games?
If you’re a PC gamer, there’s a good chance Steam holds a significant amount of your game collection.
While Valve’s a desktop game launcher/retail storefront/social network mashup is a terrific tool for organizing games, its default settings aren’t always the greatest option.
- Consider where your games are installed automatically.
Steam saves them on your C drive by default, but what if you have a larger D partition or an SSD that you wish to dedicate to games? It’s no problem. It’s simple to add install sites.
- To begin, open Steam and select Steam > Settings from the menu.
- As shown below, you should now see a settings window.
- Click Downloads in the left-hand navigation column, and the “Content Libraries” header will appear at the top of the Downloads section.
- Just beneath that, click the Steam Library Folders icon.
Steam Add Library Folder
- The location of your Steam Library Folders is displayed in a new window.
- It’s usually C: Program Files(x86)Steam.
- Now, in the lower-left corner, select Add Library Folder.
- A new window appears, revealing your computer’s file system.
- A drop-down menu at the top allows you to move between different drive labels (C, D, etc. ), with the file structure of the selected drive displayed below.
- Change the place where your Steam downloads are saved.
- The important thing to know is that each drive label can only have one Steam library folder.
- Select the folder location after you’ve made your selection.
- If you have more than one additional drive that you want to use, repeat the process.
You can now store your Steam games in numerous locations.
- Right-click one of the freshly generated folder locations in the Steam Library Folders panel and pick Make Default Folder from the context menu to make a selected drive the default.
- Your default install location will be selected automatically the next time you install a game on your PC.
- If you need to modify it, select “Choose Install Location” from the drop-down option.
How to hide games on steam from friends?
To keep your PC games hidden from your friends while you’re playing them, do the following:
- Steam is now open.
- In the bottom-right corner, click on ‘Friends & Chat.’
- Select your username from the dropdown menu.
- Choose ‘Invisible.’
To keep your games hidden while still being visible online, make your profile private by going to Privacy Settings in your profile and selecting the ‘Private’ option from the ‘Game details’ dropdown menu.
Read more: How to Fix Steam Game Stuck at 100?
How to hide specific Steam games?
You can use the following workaround to block your friends from knowing the games you’re playing without making your account private:
- Open the game you wish to play while being unseen.
- Open a second Steam game.
- Return to the state of being available
Steam will always display the most recently launched game, so if you open something in your collection and leave it running in the background, Steam will not display the game you’re trying to hide.
- You can also right-click the game, pick “Manage,” and then “Hide this game” to remove it from your collection.
- Note that this will only hide it in your library, meaning that only you and anyone with access to your Steam game library will be able to see it.
How to hide recent Steam game activity?
- Steam is now open.
- To access your profile, click your username.
- Select ‘Privacy Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the ‘Game details’ dropdown menu, choose ‘Private.’
There is currently no other way to block friends from traveling to your profile and viewing your recent activity on Steam, thus this is the only way to keep others from seeing your game activity.
Please be aware that if you re-enable this setting to ‘Friends Only,’ your game activity will once again be visible to everyone.
Read more: How to Fix Steam Streaming Delay?