Well, connecting your phone to your TV is not as simple as you are thinking. Either you want to enjoy the Netflix, and share the photos, or maybe use it for the home working.
But hooking a cable between your TV can be a bit tricky. But it is not impossible as much as you select the right cable.
Why use USB to connect phones, tablets, and TVs?
It is easy of casting to mirror a phone screen wirelessly, you may also be thinking as to why you should use a USB to TV connection for your phone.
if you connect a phone to your TV with a hardwired connection, then you will benefit because of the low latency signal.
For example, if you want to mirror your phone to a television to play a game, you will want a USB connection instead of a wireless configuration. This reduces the lag to almost none.
Moreover, for situations where you do not have WiFi or have a weak wireless signal, you will still need a wired connection.
Now to connect your phone or tablet to your TV, you can use one of the following solutions:
- USB-C cable with a Display Port.
- USB cable with an MHL (Mobile High Definition Link)
- Or a USB cable with SlimPort.
On the other hand, for iPhone or iPad:
- Lightning cable (iPhone or iPad)
It depends on your specific device how you connect your phone to a TV and it depends on the operating system. Even though, all of the methods are the same. But the process is different for the connection of an iPhone and for connecting an Android device.
How to Connect iPhone to Non Smart TV with USB?
If you are thinking to connect an iPhone to your tv with the USB, well quite sadly, this is not possible. As iPhones and iPads do not have a USB, you cannot use this as the connection method. But you are able to connect iOS devices to a TV by using a cable.
- If you are having an iPhone 5 or newer version, then it will have a Lightning connector.
- Now to connect your iPhone to TV you will be needing the Lightning digital AV adapter for HDMI outputs.
- Or you may need a Lightning to VGA adapter if you have a VGA display.
- Just buy the cable whichever option is available on your TV.
- You can connect your iPhone to your TV via this as well.
- And again you will be needing this lightning cable for this.
- When you plug in your adapter.
- Then just hook up the video out to your display.
- Now, your phone screen will mirror the TV.