This guide will explain how to find Roku IP address without remote. You can find it by using the Roku remote, your router, or by the Remoku add-on for Google Chrome.
How to Find Roku IP Address by using your Remote?
It is the easiest way to find your Roku IP address from within the device. Your IP address of Roku is readily available in its menu. All you have to do is just know where it is.
- First of all, go to the Roku main menu, and then go down to the settings.
- Find the networking option.
- Now below the submenu, locate About. Here, you will find your Roku IP Address and also other useful information about the network and your device.
How to find Roku IP Address Without using a Remote?
You may not always have to directly access your Roku menus; for troubleshooting, or if you are trying to change some settings from another room.
In whatever case, you are still able to access your Roku IP address in some other different methods.
With Roku Chrome Extension
The easiest way to get your Roku IP is by using a Roku remote add-on for Google Chrome that is Roku.
Roku is a web-based app and it allows you to use a virtual remote on your PC to control your Roku over your network. To do that, it needs a feature to find and then connect to Roku devices on your network. Here are the following steps below:
- First of all, open your Google Chrome, and then open the Chrome Web Store. If you do not have any idea where it is, then try to look into your bookmarks bar. If you do not have it there, then do a search on Google for “Chrome apps,” and then the Chrome Web Store will come up as the results.
- When you are in the Chrome app store, search for “Remoku” there. It will appear as the only result for which you are looking.
- Then, choose “Add to Chrome” to add it to your Chrome browser.
- Now open Remoku by clicking on the icon in the upper right of your screen. The remote will appear virtually.
- Now on the top, you will see your menu for the app.
- Go to Settings.
- The above box of the settings menu includes all the tools for connection to your Roku.
- In the first line, make the IP address pattern that matches your network. For most people, the default IP will work. But if you did some changing in network settings, then make sure the config matches
- Whereas the second line makes you specify the number of Rokus on your network and then start the scan to find them.
- After that, Remoku will scan through your network range of IP addresses and it will also look for ones that are of Roku devices. When it locates them, it will list them out and you can find your Roku’s IP address.