Last Updated on February 25, 2021 by admin
In case your Xbox is stuck on a green screen, then know that it is not a rare issue. If you look for this issue on the internet, you will find the number of users that have the same problem.
How to Fix Xbox One Stuck on Green Screen?
Before this article discusses the solutions, it is best to find out the causes of the problem:
System Update Failure
When Xbox detects that there is an update, then it starts to download it. The system boots up when the download is completed. However, if the update fails, then the Xbox will get stuck on the green screen.
Hard Disk Corruption
In case the hard disk of your system becomes corrupted when you are using Xbox One, then the user will see reading and writing error.
This is one situation where the Xbox green screen of death occurs and usually happens when you are playing a game or the system is being updated.
System Update Interruption
When you have switched the Instant-On option, then the console will be able to perform system updates, usually when it is on standby mode. However, if the power of the console is cut without any notice, then the Xbox will be stuck on the green screen.
Error in Communication
A green screen could be seen on Xbox if there is a communication error between Windows servers and Xbox One.
This error can also lead to software corruption, which can cause the green screen issue. When you are faced with such issues, don’t panic! There are plenty of solutions that you can try to fix these problems
The first thing that you need to try doing, is to fix the corrupted hard disk problem. Most of the time, the hard disk of your system gets corrupted, because of a damaged file system. To solve this problem, you need to format the disk to its normal state.
However, make sure that you save any important files that you need because after formatting the disk, those files won’t be available or retrievable anymore.
If you want to find out whether the Xbox One hard disk is corrupted, then remove the disk from Xbox One, and connect it with your laptop or computer.
- Now, open the software called MiniTool Power Data Recovery, and run its trial version.
- Choose the target device, and click on Scan. When the scanning process ends, you will know if the hard disk is corrupted or not.
You can either scan the hard disk, format it, or buy a new one. However, there could be software issues as well.
To solve the software issues, try executing some of the following solutions:
This is one of the best ways to get back Xbox One if the device is stuck on a green screen. You need to hold the power button on the console, for at least 10 seconds.
The system will reboot, and then it will restart. Usually, this method works if there is no other serious issue.
Read more: How to Change Language on Fortnite PS4?
If the above method doesn’t work, then the best way to deal with this problem is with a factory reset.
There are two things that you need for this:
- Windows PC, internet connection, USB.
- USB flash drive with 4GB space formatted as NTFS.
- First, connect the USB flash drive with the computer, download the factory reset zip file from the computer and unzip it.
- Copy the file that is titled ‘$SystemUpdate’ to the flash drive.
- Make sure that there is no other file on the flash drive and then remove it from the computer.
- Open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, and then connect the USB flash drive to the console.
- After that use the D-pad and A button on the controller, and choose the option of ‘Reset this Xbox’.
You can restore the factory settings of the console this way.
Read more: How to Stream On Twitch PC?