Instagram is not just a tool through which you share pictures and videos; it is much more than that. It is a place where people get inspiration from the things that other people do.
It is a place where people can interact and start meaningful conversations through pictures and videos. However, people also want to share these pictures and videos with others, or save them for their own memory.
The problem with Instagram is that it doesn’t allow users to save pictures on their PC or Mac. However, it doesn’t mean that it is impossible to do so.
You could be a brand that needs photos to repost them on other social media platforms or just a user who wants to keep a separate folder for their pictures.
How to Save Instagram Photos PC?
There are four methods that I am going to talk about in this article, through which you can save pictures.
- If you don’t care about the resolution, then the best way to save an Instagram picture is by taking a screenshot.
- For PC, use the Windows’ Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of your image.
- Open the Snipping Tool.
- Click on New, which is an option in the menu toolbar.
- Select the area of the image that you want to snip.
- Then click on ‘save snip’ button.
- Save it in whichever folder you want.
How to Save Instagram Photos Mac?
In Mac, go to your Instagram photo, and then hold Shift+Command+4. Drag your cursor to the area of the image that you want to capture, and take a screenshot.
Search Via Page Source
- If resolution is very important for you, then you can save a picture through Page Source.
- Go to the Instagram photo that you want to save, and then click at the three dots on the top of the photo.
- Then click on copy link, and enter the link in your browser’s window.
- Press Enter/Return, and then access the Chrome’s Page Source, by clicking view, then developer, and then view source in Chrome.
- In the View Source page, you need to hold Ctrl+F and if you are using Mac then Command+Mac.
- Either paste or type in .jpg, and the first URL that you see, will usually be the image that the user wants to save in their folder.
- Copy and paste that URL into another tab, and the window will produce that image.
- Rick click that image, and you can easily save it on your Mac or PC.
Read more: What is Instagram Reels?
Sked Chrome Extension
- Sked Social Regram Chrome Extension is another way to save pictures.
- You can get the free trial of Sked from your Chrome browser, and then add it to Chrome.
- Sign in using your credentials to Sked, and then go to the image link of the Instagram picture you want to regram.
- Click on the Sked icon, and enter a new caption in the box that appears.
- You can hide the hashtags in the first comment box, and then click submit post after checking the queue option.
Read more: How to Change Your Email on Instagram?
Saving Own Instagram Photos
If you want to save your Instagram photos, the minute you post them, then there is a simple method of doing so. It is applicable for both Mac and PC.
Follow the step below:
- Log in to Instagram
- Tap on the user icon, which you will find in the lower right corner
- Click on the hamburger icon, which you will find in the top right corner
- Click on Settings menu
- Click on Account
- Enable the option of “Save Original Posts” through toggle.
As soon as you post a picture on Instagram, it will also save in your phone’s gallery.