Updated on February 7th, 2021
Avast is the most famous antivirus software, which is used worldwide by millions of people to protect their computers and secure their personal information and files.
Sometimes during working on a desktop, we might face some conditions in which you have to turn off or disable antivirus software.
Because of any error or problem in installing third-party apps, such as firewalls, you have to disable avast antivirus. However, it does not mean you will uninstall it but you can temporarily disable its protection shields.
How To Turn Off Avast Completely?
Why you have to disable avast antivirus?
As you all know, that avast is reliable antivirus software for windows 7, 8, 10, Mac, and other smart devices include Android and IOS. This antivirus not just only embraced security-related features but also includes many beneficial utilities that are offered by other companies in their premium suits.
This antivirus software prevents you from surfing the linked web pages and block the installation process of third-party apps. Therefore, there are two ways through which you can turn off this antivirus software but before that make sure you know about the protective-shields of the antivirus, otherwise you may harm your pc.
Follow this step-by-step guide to the procedure.
Turn off avast from the Windows taskbar
- Go to the windows system tray or taskbar, click on a small triangle, this will open a notification area.
- Locate the orange icon for avast antivirus, it is a splat with an in the middle.
- Right-click on this orange icon will pop up the menu relating to the security suite.
- Click on the Avast shield controls, you will see the second position in the popup menu.
- Now, you can select the options for how long you wish to turn off Avast antivirus.
- There are four options:
- Disable for 10 minutes.
- Or for 1 hour.
- Until the computer is restarted.
- Disable permanently.
Here there are two ways. One you can temporarily disable the antivirus or Second you can permanently disable this antivirus.
- It depends on you, after selecting the option, an alert in a popup window appears asking for confirmation.
- Click on OK, stop.
- In green.
- This will disable avast antivirus.
Read more: The Libcef.dll Virus: Why Do We Need To Avoid?
Turn off avast antivirus from settings
- Double click the avast icon with an orange splat and an in the middle, either on your desktop or on the start menu or you can also do it from the notification area in the Windows taskbar.
- This will open the Avast main window, on the right upper corner, there is a menu icon with three lines.
- Click on it.
- The Menu will display. Go to settings, whose icon resembles a gear.
- In the settings menu, click on the lock icon for the protection option.
- In this panel, you will get the option of core shields, that for blocking viruses and malware.
Here you can disable antivirus by clicking the toggle switch which will turn off all avast antivirus shields.
- On the other hand, you can scroll through the other options of antivirus shields to individually disable the shields.
- Here you can also choose for the duration you wish to disable the antivirus, just as the above mention procedure.
- Click on the ok.
- Stop, button to confirm disabling the antivirus shields.
Hence, these are the easiest steps for how to turn off avast? These two methods work in all versions of Windows such as 7, 8, and 10 and even in Mac to disable temporarily or permanently avast for installing some software and visiting web pages.
After that, when you need it back you can enable all protective shields.
Read more: How To Fix Spotify Error Code 4 Windows 10?