Last Updated on May 5, 2021 by William John
Steam is a platform for playing, discussing, and creating games.
It is an ultimate destination, where gamers can see who else is online, and what games they are playing. Let’s hide games on steam.
- 1 How to Hide Games on Steam?
- 2 Games
- 2.1 Steam Community
- 2.2 Make your Own Game
- 2.3 Hiding Games on Steam
- 2.4 Steam Chat
- 2.5 Hiding A Game
- 2.6 Steam Broadcast
- 2.7 Become part of the process
- 2.8 Can Steam friends see hidden games?
- 2.9 How to remove a game from the Steam activity?
- 2.10 How to unhide games on Steam?
How to Hide Games on Steam?
There are so many games, which users can instantly access. Steam has about 30,000 games, where gamers can enjoy everything from indie to AAA.
There are exclusive deals available, along with automatic game updates and other amazing perks.
The new games in the market may cost too much, which is why Steam has special offers for its users.
They offer weekend deals and even 40% discounts on some games. There are seven categories of games available on Steam:
- Top sellers
- Recently updated
- New releases
- Virtual reality
- Steam controller friendly
The games are divided into different genres like:
- Free to play
- Early access
- Massively multiplayer
There is a Steam community, which allows users to interact with each other.
There are different hubs, dedicated to a game and created by users and you can tell steam to hide game activity from friends.
- This community is important for gamers because it allows them to see what game other players have tried, and what they think about those games.
- They can see the screenshots of different games, videos, workshops, news, guides, and reviews of games.
- This helps them decide, which game is worth their time.
Make your Own Game
Steam contains a set of tools and services, which help developers and publishers, develop their games. They can make a game using Steam Works and then publish their games on Steam.
- It provides a guide for new game developers, on how they reach a global audience or manage their game business.
- It includes tips for enhancing player experience and implementing gameplay features.
There are standard features in every game, and Steam Work helps developers add those features to their own game they allowed you to hide games on Steam.
Hiding Games on Steam
When a user creates a profile on Steam and starts playing games, the list of games appears on their profile. The list even shows the amount of time they have spent playing a specific game.
The profiles are public by default because there are third-party services that need to read information.
For example, IsThereAnyDeal is third-party software, which scans the wish list of a gamer, and lets them know if their games are on sale at the game store.
- First, access your profile on Steam, by hovering over your username, which is at the top bar.
- Click on Profile
- Click the ‘Edit Profile’ button, which is on the right side of the page
- This will help edit the profile
- Click on ‘My Privacy Settings’; you can find this option on the right side of their page
- Adjust the privacy settings, as this allows you to control what other people can see and cannot see
If you want to hide gameplay, then there are two options you can choose from. Choose the game details, and then set them to private.
If you have any friends on Steam, even those friends won’t be able to see the games you own or the ones that are on your wish list.
- You can limit the inventory, commends, and other information that people can see, through these privacy settings.
- However, if you don’t want to make a choice, then you can simply hide every piece of information, by choosing the Private option in ‘My Profile’ settings.
- If you do this, then no one on Steam can see your profile. Moreover, you can also choose the ‘Friends Only’ option, if you want your Steam friends to see your profile.
When you start playing a game, a notification appears on your friend’s profile, telling him the game you are playing. And unhide the game on steam.
- If you don’t want that to happen, then you can choose to become offline on Steam Chat.
- Click the Friend and Chat option, click on your username, and then select the invisible or offline option.
- When you start playing a game, your friend won’t be able to see what you are playing, but that information will still appear on your profile page.
Hiding A Game
If you want to hide a specific game from your profile, but you still want to let your friends see the other games you are playing, then there is away.
- Go to the Steam library on your PC, and then choose the game you want to hide.
- You can either set it hidden or completely remove it from the library.
- If you want to play the games you previously hid, then you can just drag them again to the main screen.
- It is a simple process.
- Go to the Steam Library, and then click on games.
- At the bottom of your list, there is a hidden filter, when you click on it, it will reveal the games you have hidden.
This is a very interesting feature on Steam, which lets the user play live with just a click of a button.
They can share the game they are playing in real-time, with their friends or the community they have joined on Steam.
Become part of the process
When games evolve or they update, Steam users can play them right then and there so it is the best idea to hide games on Steam. They don’t have to wait, and they can be the first to see what changes are going to be made in a game.
Moreover, as Steam promotes games made by developers, users can download, player-created mods through Steam Workshop.
They can review the mod, and cosmetics for 1000s of games, and then review how they find those mods helpful.
A user can purchase games from Steam’s shop, and they have made the purchase method easy, by supporting more than a hundred payment methods. About?
Moreover, the mobile application and the website support 28 languages, so that more users can have access to Steam.
- Steam provides support to different controllers, like the PlayStation controller, Xbox, and Nintendo.
- Steam is the perfect place for gamers, who want to share their achievements with others and get game recommendations from them. Official support.
To hide games on your Steam account, follow these simple steps:
- Click “Friends and chat option”
- Go to your username
- Now, select offline or invisible
It should be noted that hiding games from the steam chat are different from hiding games from the steam profile. This is because if you hide games from your profile, your friends will not be able to see those games even if you set Steam chat to Online.
If you want to hide games from the Steam library, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the game you want to hide
- Right-click this game and select “set categories”
- There will be an option at the bottom of the “category” window labeled “hide this game in my library”. Check this option
- Click OK to finish
If you hide a game from Steam chat, your friends will not be able to view this game, although it will be available on your profile.
How to remove a game from the Steam activity?
Certain people would not like others to view what kind of games they have been playing recently on Steam. This article will show you how you can hide games from your steam activity.
You can use the privacy settings on steam to hide your game activities from your friends and followers. To do this:
- Launch Steam and click on your name at the top bar of the menu
- Select the “profile” option then click on the “edit profile” button
- Next, click on the “my privacy settings” button to open the Privacy settings page.
- Scroll down to the “my profile” section
- There will be a drop-down list next to “game details”. From that list, select the “private’ option.
This method should do the trick for you. To check whether it worked, copy your steam URL and paste it in the address bar of a browser.
How to unhide games on Steam?
Steam is an easy-to-use application for gamers with multiple features that allow gamers to control their privacy. Steam allows you to hide and unhide your games as well. There are quite a few ways to how you can successfully hide a game on your profile.
Not only that, but Steam also allows you to choose how you want to hide a game. For instance, do you want to hide the game from your friends?
It also allows you to unhide the game and this article will show you how to do that. Without further ado, let us get into it.
Unhide A game
- To unhide a game on Steam, search for the title of the hidden game. It would show up under the category named “hidden”
- Next, right-click this game and go to “manage”
- Now, select “unhide this game”
If everything goes well, congratulations you have successfully unhidden your Steam game.